Does anyone carry with FMJ bullets?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What type of ammo do you use in you CCW?

• FMJ

Votes: 47 11.6%
  • JHP

Votes: 358 88.4%

• Total voters

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I use JHP in all of my pistols for CC/SD,and when at home for HD.

I was under the assumption that using JHPs was safer to use in case someone was around when at home or sleeping(I dont live in an apartment so no worry about close neighbors getting strays or whatever) or anyone who happens to be near me when out and about IF and WHEN I ever had to use my firearms for SD or HD.At my home our houses are not that close together out in my neighborhood so I dont have to worry about hitting a neighbor.But I had no idea that using JHPs instead of FMJs would be something else to have to explain to a judge in the event something did go down.Whatever.Seems the judge would rather I was smart enough to use a load that would hit,stop and drop versus something that is going to go right through and out or fly all over the place after it hit,or didnt hit, my 'target',BG,opponent,whatever.Now I'm kind of confused,but,I am still going to be loading JHPs for SD,HD and CC.My father was ex LEO and I use what I was taught and what I have read the FBI tests and recommends in the magazines.(Ya,I'm one of those idiots who reads alot of gun magazines...).

At the range or out at my land plinking I always use cheapiecheaps-WWB FMJs for my 9mm and .380 and Thunderbolt FMJs for my .22's.

For CC/SD and HD in my pistols- for my little Taurus PT.22 I use CCI MiniMag HighVelocity and Velocitor JHPs;in my .380 and 9mm I use mainly Remington JHPs or whatever is on sale in bulk at the shows or in the stores.

My HD shotgun I keep Federal #1 buckshot 2 3/4 inch tactical load in my Nova Benelli Tactical 12gauge.

While not my #1(or 2,3,4,etc) HD gun,I keep CCI MaxiMag JHPs in my old trusty Winchester Model 290 .22 rifle as a backup or run-get gun under the bed back in the bedroom.Its also something the wife can get to if she she hears something out in the house when she's been in the back sleeping and I'm gone and she cant get to the 12gg or any of the pistols.Plus she can shoot it without it recoiling her shoulder off of her body.Don't laugh.Alot of people get killed with .22s.

That0neGuy124

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
i will be carrying JHP, but in my secondary mag i'll have FMJ. This is mainly because FMJ is alot cheaper than the JHP. SURELY i won't need more than 12 shots and HOPEFULLY no more than the 24 i'll have on me!

Latest posts

Top Bottom