Doe's eat place, my review

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jon3830

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I went to the spudder a few weeks ago I haven't been there in years and i probably wont go back, the steak was cooked to how I like it but it was over salted and tougher than it should have been. Just for 2 entrees it was 92.00 and the service was lackluster the whole visit wasnt what it used to be like.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Glock 40

Problem Solver
Special Hen
Reaction score
I went to the spudder a few weeks ago I haven't been there in years and i probably wont go back, the steak was cooked to how I like it but it was over salted and tougher than it should have been. Just for 2 entrees it was 92.00 and the service was lackluster the whole visit wasnt what it used to be like.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Yup my wife and I would go there when we got married many years ago a couple times a year. When we moved back to Tulsa about 2 years ago we went there one night for her Birthday and took kids along. It was around $150 for all of us best I can recall. It was terrible the quality of their food has gone off a cliff.

FrankNmac

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had a delicious $4 lunch today. One package of gnocchi, one jar of marinara sauce, 3/4 jar of mushrooms (remainder marinating in teriyaki sauce for tomorrow), and one package of pre-sliced pepperoni cut up. One dollar for each item at the Dollar Tree, preparation and cooking time less than 10 minutes, enough for daughter's lunch tomorrow, and pretty good tasting meal.
Who wants to spend money on expensive meals when there are still guns to be had? :spaghetti:

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
"Poor folks have poor ways" (a saying from my Dad).

For years, our idea of fine dining was the all-you-can-eat buffet at Cici's Pizza in Sherman, TX ($2.99, and later $3.99 IIRC).

Contrary to popular belief, you can be incredibly happy without much money.

As usual, just my 2¢. :drunk2:

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm in hurt'n status, my wife has IBS and foregoes beef. I tell her we can go to Texas Roadhouse and she can have chicken and I'll have steak but she says its too loud there so we cook at home on the barby. Sometimes when we do eat out and I look at the prices I think, I could buy two T-bones, a couple of large potatoes & vegetables and viola for less than the cost of eating out. You justdont know who is working in the kitchen and I've paid to get sick a few times.
When I was young I couldn't afford steak and wanted it badly. Now that I'm a "senior" I can finally afford steak but the Docs say watch you cholesterol and weight. Maybe in the next life?

Last edited:

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As a matter of fact, all this steak talkin' made me go to Texas Roadhouse last night. 20oz hand cut ribeye. It's always heavier than 20, I eat half and had the rest before Wannamacher this morning. Yeah, I know pics or it didn't happen.
View attachment 134869
Looks medium well to me. LOL. Way too much time on the grill.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A $100? We’ve spent well over $200 for a meal for the wife and I. I know for others that’s nothing as they’ve dined on $500 meals. Is it worth it? Depends and sometimes. I’m not bragging, but once or twice a year the wife and I enjoy going on a really nice date night. We are normally fairly tight, but it’s one of those things of ‘let's enjoy something nice to keep reinforcing why we work hard’. We’ve also been dirt poor where a fun weekend was splitting a $5 Shiner Bock 6 pack between the two of us back in the day.

I have been part of business dinners that were north of $5000 for around 20 people. I’ve been with a man that ordered a $180 drink to celebrate at a company dinner. To me, that’s a bit excessive, but he had a great year so the boss let him.

To each their own as to decide what do with their funds.
LOL, I posted a pic a couple years back of a $2000.00+ meal tab I picked up. Company dinner for my wife's 40th anniversary. She turned it in on the expense report and we got an additional 2000 air miles on our credit card for another free flight.
You gotta learn to use the rewards cards to your advantage especially when getting reimbursed.
I always paid for all the airfare, meals and hotels for the guys I was traveling with for schools or meetings.
Have enough American air miles now to go anywhere we want for almost free. They do charge for some taxes, port fees and other things, but not much compared to the price of a plane fare.

GlockPride

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
LOL, I posted a pic a couple years back of a $2000.00+ meal tab I picked up. Company dinner for my wife's 40th anniversary. She turned it in on the expense report and we got an additional 2000 air miles on our credit card for another free flight.
You gotta learn to use the rewards cards to your advantage especially when getting reimbursed.
I always paid for all the airfare, meals and hotels for the guys I was traveling with for schools or meetings.
Have enough American air miles now to go anywhere we want for almost free. They do charge for some taxes, port fees and other things, but not much compared to the price of a plane fare.

Very cool. I wish we had that. Instead we are 100% on the credit hook on our credit and the Uber, mega Corp gets all the rebates/rewards.

Latest posts

Top Bottom