Doe's eat place, my review

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If I spend a hundred bucks or more for a steak, I expect it to be on the hoof and under its own power...
:drunk2:

A few buddies and I ordered six pounds of Japanese wagyu two years ago. It ended up being $120 per steak. They thought they were epic, but I was underwhelmed. Was melt in your mouth, but it was a weird fatty texture. Like meat jello.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A few buddies and I ordered six pounds of Japanese wagyu two years ago. It ended up being $120 per steak. They thought they were epic, but I was underwhelmed. Was melt in your mouth, but it was a weird fatty texture. Like meat jello.

I had Kobe Steak in Tokyo back in the day. Fork tender, paid by the airline that bumped me off. Pretty impressive I thought.
My wife requires hers to be well done. Most steak hoses will send the wait staff back out to make sure that is how she actually wants it. Of course it’s the fillet that is NEVER cooked well done but she wants it well done. Nasty tasting like that.

SPDguns

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As a matter of fact, all this steak talkin' made me go to Texas Roadhouse last night. 20oz hand cut ribeye. It's always heavier than 20, I eat half and had the rest before Wannamacher this morning. Yeah, I know pics or it didn't happen.
IMG_5952.JPG

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Doe's wasn't all that impressive in Tulsa to me. Gonna have to agree with some of the comments about taking out the wife and treating her nice. However, I'd like to add that we only eat local when we go out. National chains are typically garbage, even the Steakhouses. Find a mom and pop, because if money is tight, it seems there's always a local solution to eat cheap IMO. Otherwise, the best meals I've had, when I've paid a lot of money for it or didn't, were local places. There's a ton of them in Tulsa.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I also usually don't eat steak out. In fact, it seems most of what we eat out these days is a burger or something. Things are much tighter these days financially, so we aren't eating out all that much.

GlockPride

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A hundred dollars on a meal? You folks are nuts. Do you know how many boxes of Wolf steel case that would buy?

A $100? We’ve spent well over $200 for a meal for the wife and I. I know for others that’s nothing as they’ve dined on $500 meals. Is it worth it? Depends and sometimes. I’m not bragging, but once or twice a year the wife and I enjoy going on a really nice date night. We are normally fairly tight, but it’s one of those things of ‘let's enjoy something nice to keep reinforcing why we work hard’. We’ve also been dirt poor where a fun weekend was splitting a $5 Shiner Bock 6 pack between the two of us back in the day.

I have been part of business dinners that were north of $5000 for around 20 people. I’ve been with a man that ordered a $180 drink to celebrate at a company dinner. To me, that’s a bit excessive, but he had a great year so the boss let him.

To each their own as to decide what do with their funds.

Last edited:

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A $100? We’ve spent well over $200 for a meal for the wife and I. I know for others that’s nothing as they’ve dined on $500 meals. Is it worth it? Depends and sometimes. I’m not bragging, but once or twice a year the wife and I enjoy going on a really nice date night. We are normally fairly tight, but it’s one of those things of ‘let's enjoy something nice to keep reinforcing why we work hard’. We’ve also been dirt poor where a fun weekend was splitting a $5 Shiner Bock 6 pack between the two of us back in the day.

I have been part of business dinners that were north of $5000 for around 20 people. I’ve been with a man that ordered a $180 drink to celebrate at a company dinner. To me, that’s a bit excessive, but he had a great year so the boss let him.

To each their own as to decide what do with their funds.
To me, that IS Texas Roadhouse! :pms2:

Latest posts

Top Bottom