Does OK allow rangefinders mounted to crossbow?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

david1289

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I saw on Leupolds website for the Vendetta 2 that OK does not permit mounted rangefinders to crossbows. I tried searching for that in the OK hunting regs but cannot locate anything. As close as I can find is that illegal devices include laser sights. I figured that means those laser beams (red or green) like Crimson Trace.

Can anyone clarify this?

ElkStalkR

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok, I see. So as long as the range finder doesn’t have a laser beam for initial setup, then it’s ok? I would guess most typical range finders would be ok.

Correct the vendetta is the only model I know of that is made to be mounted to a bow. I have seen other rigs with homemade brackets for regular rangefinders.

ElkStalkR

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just buy a rangefinder and be legal.
In reality, why do you need a rangefinder? Sit in your stand and practice at those ranges and save yourself some bucks.

Well if you only have one or two stands that you hunt that would work. But a rangefinder is an essential piece of archery equipment for me. I personally have too many stands to remember all my shot ranges at each one. Furthermore when I’m not hunting my property or hunting out of state, what then?

Typical hunt I sat down and then range everything around me and never pull my rangefinder out again. I memorize all the ranges for that hunt at each spot.

david1289

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't get to practice from the tree stand. I recently switched from a compound to a crossbow because of the little time I get to practice, but yet I want to be able to hunt a few days of archery season. I'm hoping the use of a range finder helps me get more accurate with yardage guesses and making the right shot with the right dot on the scope. I do use my current nikon range finder to set those points of reference while I'm sitting, but have wondered about the accuracy of the yardage once I start looking through a scope and waiting for a moving deer to stop for the right shot. When I recently learned of the idea of mounting a range finder to the bow, then I was like hey I would benefit from that. So, I started checking into options.

Latest posts

Top Bottom