Dollar General

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
The closest shopping to our place was around 6 miles until DG built 2 miles away. Best thing that ever happens to that rural area.
If they just carried a little produce, they would be the perfect store for rural areas far away from the giants. The pricing is decent too.
The Dollar general in Okemah has a fuel island and a produce section, its also likely the nicest dollar general I have ever set foot in.

I refuse to go into dollar general or family dollar when I am at home or even when we are out of town. But, its a regular stop when I am out hunting and ran out of salt, need some oil, or left my daggone pan in the sink at the house again.

caliberbob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Dollar general in Okemah has a fuel island and a produce section, its also likely the nicest dollar general I have ever set foot in.

I refuse to go into dollar general or family dollar when I am at home or even when we are out of town. But, its a regular stop when I am out hunting and ran out of salt, need some oil, or left my daggone pan in the sink at the house again.
Okemah? Now I know where to find you 😈. Jk. I’m there almost once a week for work.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

I did forget to mention that we have seen at least two DG neighbor hood markets In Louisiana. Trying to imitate WM neighbor hood markets? Don’t know, but see it going that way.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I can't ... Too damned claustrophobic in there. 😬😬 They are like Wal-Mart SuperCenters, Hobby Lobbies and Sam's Clubs are around here ... My house is literally the epicenter for a bazillion of each ... 🤦🤦🤦

I will say they do definitely serve a purpose, especially, like you guys say, in places where the bigger guys won't go because there's not enough daily traffic to justify their existence.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score

xseler

These are not the firearms you're looking for.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

That one started out as a new prototype store for Walmart. The experiment didn't last very long.

Latest posts

Top Bottom