Dollar General

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I guess Family Dollar bought Dollar Tree or vice versa, because around east TX, stores are popping up with both names on the stores. I don’t remember if they have produce, but they do have refrigerated and frozen foods sections.

The south end of Cherokee is the closest DG up here and still about 10 miles away. As much as I hate WMart, it’s more convenient to drive the 20 miles to Alva to go there rather than go to DG.

caliberbob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
lol good luck. Okemah is an interesting place. While driving around the area you can drive through where a notorious lynching took place, which feels weird. Also was the birthplace of Woodie Guthrie.

https://www.thelynchquiltsproject.com/laura-nelsons-story
Didn’t know about the lynching. See the woodie Guthrie sign when I deliver. The EZ Go has a decent hot box, decent bathrooms, and truck fuel. I go there every time I deliver to fuel up.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Let's see...

When we were out working north Texas this last Summer, we saw one of those Dollar Generals that seemed to be more of a "market" than just buying off the shelf. We didn't go in because we were just busy enough to not have the time.

That said, I remarked sometime back that if DG went to having produce and gas stations, they could do some cleaning up. As for us, we have one just over 1/4 mile away and two others in two different towns within about 6 or 7 miles of us. However, we generally only use it for that last-minute-forgotten-item that is needed to finish a meal or create a dessert.

caliberbob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It’s almost directly across the highway from our place. We need a loaf of bread, jug of milk, etc etc. it’s super convenient rather than driving all the way to Walmart to be trampled on by a bunch of psychos. I really do wish they would offer an employee discount. Seems kind of lame they don’t

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
And you didn't post it for us?!!?!?!? 🤷🤷🤷🤷😇
IMG_2015.jpeg

Latest posts

Top Bottom