Don Carlton Honda "sick and tired" of "homeless" causing problems (Tulsa)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't know how or where they went, but there was a complete tent city built behind the Walmart in Catoosa. Enough or the right people got the camp and the tons of trash removed. Below is an image from some point before it exploded into a complete dump, literally. I circled the visible tent at the time and you can see the beaten down trail back to the camp.

1681407348612.png

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
To work!! and i know if they are mental cases open the special hospitals back .
The problem with the answer "to work" is that employers require an address and phone # on their job applications and if a person does not have an address to call home, nor a way to be contacted . . . they don't get the job.
Been there myself once (company went bankrupt). Fortunately the area I was homeless in had a solution in place. The local Catholic Aid Society offered to let the homeless use their office address, and set up a phone plan specifically as a contact phone number.
Using these I was able to slowly climb my way out of being homelessness through a succession of ever higher paying jobs until I could once again afford a place to live.

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hey great idea Ted! How about we encourage those that find themselves homeless (lost job, got addicted, developed mental condition, etc.) to just commit suicide? No, no . . . not a great guarantee for that to happen, so instead, lets just euthanize them all so they don't become a problem to you and your ilk?

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The problem with the answer "to work" is that employers require an address and phone # on their job applications and if a person does not have an address to call home, nor a way to be contacted . . . they don't get the job.
Been there myself once (company went bankrupt). Fortunately the area I was homeless in had a solution in place. The local Catholic Aid Society offered to let the homeless use their office address, and set up a phone plan specifically as a contact phone number.
Using these I was able to slowly climb my way out of being homelessness through a succession of ever higher paying jobs until I could once again afford a place to live.
Nowadays can't everyone get a free cell phone that is at or below poverty level? I can see the address being a problem, but you found a solution to it. And I'll bet there's way more assistance available now.

Kudos to you for working your way out of it.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Kind of figured that'd be the substantive answer.

I would find something for them to do, possibly on a farm, or in a factory where they could be useful, were it up to me. They have created a situation where my wife is/feels very unsafe in parts of town that should be very safe. My feelings towards them are...less than charitable.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hey great idea Ted! How about we encourage those that find themselves homeless (lost job, got addicted, developed mental condition, etc.) to just commit suicide? No, no . . . not a great guarantee for that to happen, so instead, lets just euthanize them all so they don't become a problem to you and your ilk?
Sounds good, I'll vote for you.

Hworth18

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There's never been an easy answer to the homeless issue. My solution to the problem would be to help the ones that really need or want help (with housing so they can get re-established, a job, drug counseling & mental health for those with issues). There are lots of people that don't want help and they can just move on down the road. I know it's easier said than done, but it's only going to get worse if nothing is done.

Rez Exelon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would find something for them to do, possibly on a farm, or in a factory where they could be useful, were it up to me. They have created a situation where my wife is/feels very unsafe in parts of town that should be very safe. My feelings towards them are...less than charitable.
Isn't that what guns are for? Why feel unsafe when you two can carry? That makes everything better after all. But seriously, the best you can come up with is "away" or "on farm or factory" or something?

Even if they had addresses/cell phones/paperwork for employment and even if they were to work a full time job at 40 hours a week at minimum wage that's (7.5*40*52)=15600 before deductions. Considering many crap-tier apartments are 1000+ per month, that's still not even going to get a place, not to mention the costs of utilities/food/etc.

There's not an easy answer here, but the problem doesn't go away by saying "git" "scram" or "go away".

Latest posts

Top Bottom