Dong's?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dx3

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
you guys are just jealous of their success. 66 years in business they must be doing something right.
most people that complain about them complain about every other store too. when you go in with a pissy attitude
they give you one right back. been dealing with them since the 70's and did buys together back when I had my shop.
but then I don't go in expecting to be treated like royalty.

Why not? Most other stores do it just fine? Maybe they need to spend less money on their ridiculous car wraps and take some classes on customer service...

That about sums it up, mr ed. Can't be easy running a place like Dong's with all the big box stores and Internet merchants popping up all over the place.

Waaaaaahhhhh.

idleclamp

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
you guys are just jealous of their success. 66 years in business they must be doing something right.
most people that complain about them complain about every other store too. when you go in with a pissy attitude
they give you one right back. been dealing with them since the 70's and did buys together back when I had my shop.

I dislike Dong's and I don't complain about any other place (except TFA). They're still in business because there are a lot of people that don't know any better. $50 or $60 for a FFL transfer????? WTF, over???? Right down the street there's a place called 2A.

Chard

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Transfers are way too high. Prices all over the place. Hot and cold regarding customer service from employees, same from the owner. I know a few years ago his employees were ripping him off big time. He told me he had to clean house and hire a new crew.

The owner told me his other job was in computer programming IIRC. Saw him in what looked like a sheriffs dept uniform.

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score

I buy lots of guns, lots of high end guns. There's a few guys on here, including a mod, that can verify that. I dress like I stepped of Italian GQ. I am pleasant to the staff of every gun shop I have ever gone in. One issue in the past with another store that was resolved and I am back to buying guns from that store. I don't expect to be treated like royalty, but I won't be treated like crap either.

The few times I went into Dongs, they were jerks. I am glad you had a good experience with them, but it seems they are the most consistently complained about gun shop (in Tulsa) on this board. So, no matter, your personal experience, it seems the majority of us have not had pleasant ones.

bmwguy25

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I buy lots of guns, lots of high end guns. There's a few guys on here, including a mod, that can verify that. I dress like I stepped of Italian GQ. I am pleasant to the staff of every gun shop I have ever gone in. One issue in the past with another store that was resolved and I am back to buying guns from that store. I don't expect to be treated like royalty, but I won't be treated like crap either.

The few times I went into Dongs, they were jerks. I am glad you had a good experience with them, but it seems they are the most consistently complained about gun shop (in Tulsa) on this board. So, no matter, your personal experience, it seems the majority of us have not had pleasant ones.
toot your own horn much? JK If you act like a dong your bound to scare off customers.

Latest posts

Top Bottom