dpms panther sportical

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

88gmchog

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
just picked this up yesterday from garrett09, im happy with the trade. my question is where to start with upgrades after i go shoot it first of course. heres a picture

[Broken External Image]

its got a quad rail, vertical front grip, a pmag, steel mag, and bushnell trophy dot. any other suggestions?:goodmorning:

44minimum

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, if you want to be like everyone else, then you need an acog, a tiny red dot sight on top of it, a red laser, a green laser, flip up front and rear sights, rails any place you can bolt them onto, a couple of magazine holders mounted on the stock, a 100 round beta mag, a suppressor, an iPod, 18 different sling mounts, maybe a small ice chest full of beer and anything else you can think of to put on your rifle. This will make your lovely lightweight 7 pound rifle into a 12 pound electronic marvel of a club. You won't want to carry it much, but you will look awful cool when you do.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, if you want to be like everyone else, then you need an acog, a tiny red dot sight on top of it, a red laser, a green laser, flip up front and rear sights, rails any place you can bolt them onto, a couple of magazine holders mounted on the stock, a 100 round beta mag, a suppressor, an iPod, 18 different sling mounts, maybe a small ice chest full of beer and anything else you can think of to put on your rifle. This will make your lovely lightweight 7 pound rifle into a 12 pound electronic marvel of a club. You won't want to carry it much, but you will look awful cool when you do.

Bwahahahahaha - hey wait a minute...

If it shoots fine and does what you want, then don't upgrade anything :thumb:

88gmchog

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks guys, yea I'm off tomorrow and heading to the range for sure, of course I'll get more mags and tons of ammo thats a givin! also I have a set of removable iron sights. I am fairly familiar with the rifles from my time in service but its been a while since I have shot one and truth be told, I'M freaking over joyed to finally have one, even tho it dont have a fwd assist and dust cover, no biggie.

88gmchog

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

man I think I will stay at 7lbs and happy ;) but it would be neat lol

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Bwahahahahaha - hey wait a minute...

If it shoots fine and does what you want, then don't upgrade anything :thumb:

+1 on EZ's suggestion. i'm glad to see that you decided not to spend another $500 on crap that makes the gun heavy. heck you can zip-tie a chunk of lead on it for 50 cents!

88gmchog

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
well had her out to the range yesterday. shot a good group in unsupported prone position. after about 35rds it started jamming every 4 to 5 rounds. think it was just cause it was dirt dry and not yet broken in.....

T-Baggin98

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

HAHAHA, thats funny!

Ive always pulled everything apart before I shot it. I dont know why but is just habit I guess. Just to make sure everythings good to go though. Theres no worse feeling that when our gun jams or miss fires. Enjoy your new AR though. I know the feeling I just got my first as well.

Latest posts

Top Bottom