DPMS release their new GII 308

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ASP785

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I often perform quiet chambering of rounds and also press check frequently in competition. I've never needed or wanted a FA to do those functions. My finger through the port can push as hard as I want to make sure I'm fully into battery. If that doesn't do it, I want a new round. FA has nothing to do with your mags being seated, I'm sure that you meant bolt.

"I think the best reason is because its my rifle and I want one". Fair enough. There's a gun for everyone.

So just to clarify, because you, doctorjj, don't need or want a forward assist means there is no point of one? Good argument. I don't want to stick my finger through the port and push on an oily carrier. I want to use the forward assist. "There's a gun for everyone."

ASP785

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As for the mags, I think he was saying he hits the FA at the same time he's checking his mags... just a habitual thing to make sure everything is seated properly, like a pilot's checklist. Not that that FA has anything to do with the mags, he was only mentioning he did those at the same time as part of his "checklist".

Yes. Before starting a stage, I do both. Push on the bottom of the magazines to ensure they are seated and push on the forward assist to ensure the bolt is seated.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Unfortunately DPMS still doesn't offer any barrels that are chrome lined or nitrided. The weight reduction is cool, and I'm glad they ditched the pointless M4 profile barrel on the AP4 in favor of a pencil profile, but the S&W M&P 10 is still at the top of my list for .308 ARs.

Latest posts

Top Bottom