To all those who overpaid for a new jeep…

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
By the time Bob Howard gets done adding on coatings and doc fees and dealer fees that Jeep will be at least 3K more than the advertised price. I was just there trying to buy a new truck, they switched the numbers around so many times and so fast I got dizzy and had to leave, never could get a bottom line price out of them.
Are sure you weren't at Lynn Hickey Dodge?

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We bought a 2010 Jeep Grand Cherokee limited new. V8, 4WD loaded with accessories.
It road good, great seats for long trips, but we started having troubles with the heat and air at about 60K miles. Vents quit shifting when changing modes. In the next 10K miles, they had to pull the dash to replace the servo motors that controlled the vents three times.
We subscribed to Consumer Reports at that time and saw that jeeps were at the top of the list of vehicles that required the most maintenance.
They said the transmission would likely fail at the 80,0000 mile mark, and it did. $7000 to get it replaced. They also said the engine would likely fail at the 110,000 mark. We had 120,000 miles on it at that time so decided to trade it in on something. Halfway to OKC the rods started knocking at the Stillwater exit on I-35. I limped it back to Ponca at 25mph taking country roads.
No more jeeps for us. We finally found a guy that had a low mileage grand cherokee that was wrecked, so he bought ours and changed the engines out.

Latest posts

Top Bottom