To all those who overpaid for a new jeep…

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Veritas

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
You can’t be under water if you pay cash for cars you can afford, not what you think you “deserve” or will impress your neighbors.

Now you could still lose a ton of money on resale but just another reason to buy barely used cars and let someone else take the initial hit. I got my F-150 with everything I wanted with only 15,000 miles on it. Still had the new car smell…just not the price.

HKP7M13

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Jeep stands for Just Empty Every Pocket. I own 2 2004 grand cherokee overlands. Both craigs list acquisition. Lots of standard maintenance items. Buying them with 100000 miles did increase my level of things to replace. I have not had anything major unless you mention pulling the whole dash out to change out the heater blend doors and servos. Not hard if you know what to do. My wife's has 186000 miles on it now and I have just changed all ball joints, wheel bearings and tie rod ends. No different than having a hard core rock bouncer. Or you can pay $50000 + and not have to work on it if you’re lucky.

okjoek

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a '97 Wrangler that I have owned since '99. Has the old straight 6 cyl standard tranny. I now just use it to run around to fishing places when I'm not taking my boat. About 230,000 miles, just changed oil and brake jobs. My three boys have driven it as much as I have so its never been babied. One of the best autos I've ever owned, love it.

AU_K9s

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No complaints on my 84

IMG_1196.jpeg

Latest posts

Top Bottom