Dpms

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aerodoc

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
What do you guys think about the DPMS LR308B. Just curious what the general consencious is about this weapon. I love it but i havent owned or shot other AR-10's or AR-15's so i have nothing to compair it to accuracy, dependability, resale value, applications? I bought it for hunting mainly gonna be used as my hog gun in the past for hog's ive used my Contender with a .357 barrel or the .45 Colt not the typical hunting round but got the job done.
Thank you and everyone have a great Christmas...and a safe New Year:thumb:

Josh-L

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
For a hog hunter it will be fine. If you are wanting to make it a sub moa rifle or a possible home defense rifle with it then I'd replace the trigger group and barrel.

KurtM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A good trigger would really help!

Almost all DPMS 308 barrels I have ever shot have been 3/4 MOA or better. Try yours first...Oh and BTW I have shot over 30 of the DPMS 308s and own several.....all much better than 1 MOA, so the chances are you have a great barrel already! KurtM

TJay74

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My Dad Has A Dpms Lr308 With The Bull Barrell And A Nightforce Scope On It.

Nice Gun And Is On My Purchase List For Next Year. That Along With A Trigger Group For My Ar As Well.

joeman3519

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Took my DPMS LR308 Classic to the range last week when it was freezing cold so I only shot a few rounds, my impressions were that I will be replacing the trigger, it was a soft shooter, and had no malfunctions. I couldn't be happier because I planned on replacing the stock trigger from the get go.

I have read in other forums that people are having malfunctions with their DPMS factory mags. I have factory mags and C-Products mags and have not had a problem with either. Now that there are PMAGS for the DPMS/SR25 style of magazine reliability of magazines should not be a problem.

If you do your homework there are some great deals out there right now. Dealers are getting products back in stock and magazines are cheap.

joeman3519

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
www.rguns.net has the best prices that I have found, and I have a friend who is a dealer and he can't match those prices. That being said their customer service is poor and their stock on their website is often wrong. So, call before you place an order and check their stock. I ordered a rifle that was out of stock and they said two weeks... four weeks later I had my gun.

Don't forget to check www.gunbroker.com for deals either.

Latest posts

Top Bottom