Drought.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have read that we are facing a 100 year drought, has anyone heard about this? The feds are talking about confiscating water in various states also.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Commiefornika doesn’t have any water issues now. The rains in the last two weeks have put their reservoirs at the highest levels in 20 years. In fact, they are running over their spillways.
More on the way.

I researched the Lake mead and it is still not way high.
I also found that Saudi Arabia gets some almost free water for their farm land 4 hours East of LA
unlimited water $77 bucks an acre a year.
WTF and the alfalfa they grow gets shipped overseas.
On top of that they buy local farmers alfalfa and ship it over seas.
I am talking a lot of alfalfa.

Read the long story here.
Who keeps buying California's scarce water? Saudi Arabia

California needs to get their heads on straight.

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Commiefornika doesn’t have any water issues now. The rains in the last two weeks have put their reservoirs at the highest levels in 20 years. In fact, they are running over their cspillways.
More on the way.
That doesn't match what I'm hearing. But if the rains continue it of course a blessing and needed.

cowadle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
we have been in a three year persistent La Nina. i could be wrong but i think since they have kept records of such that there hasn't yet been a four year event. i think the forecast is to return to neutral in feb march maybe and we will see if the swing continues into El Nino. all of this is natural events not climate change.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I researched the Lake mead and it is still not way high.
I also found that Saudi Arabia gets some almost free water for their farm land 4 hours East of LA
unlimited water $77 bucks an acre a year.
WTF and the alfalfa they grow gets shipped overseas.
On top of that they buy local farmers alfalfa and ship it over seas.
I am talking a lot of alfalfa.

Read the long story here.
Who keeps buying California's scarce water? Saudi Arabia

California needs to get their heads on straight.
Lake Mead water comes from the other direction though, very little from the west other than direct rainfall. Those California rains that just filled all their lakes and reservoirs needs to happen over the Rocky Mountains to affect Mead wouldn't it? California's water woes for drinking water and recreation purposes are two completely different things I would think.

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
we have been in a three year persistent La Nina. i could be wrong but i think since they have kept records of such that there hasn't yet been a four year event. i think the forecast is to return to neutral in feb march maybe and we will see if the swing continues into El Nino. all of this is natural events not climate change.
The channel I posted does a pretty good job of discussing the back to back La Nina's as well as the grand solar minimum.

Latest posts

Top Bottom