Duck Hunters? Let's hear some stories...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeremiah

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Went saturday and sunday. The closest I got the getting anything was the racoon I almost ran over on the way out.

I did see a lot of other hunters though.

Hopefully there are some better stories so I can at least live vicariously through others

Porter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Went out this morning and things didn't go so well. When we got the boat out of the mouth of the creek to the main area of the lake, the water was too shallow to get where we needed to go. We watched a couple hundred birds flying around but never got to even get in a spot to set our dekes up. Should be good later in the season if we can get a few inches of rain.

Red Earth

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Our weekend started on big water.... which didn't go so well. There were several boats and a good wind.... we had a few opportunities but nothing to brag about.

Still was a good time out for the opener in Zone 2!

That evening brought a few hours in the field.... Was lucky enough to get close to a small Tom with the bow!
[Broken External Image]

Day two... we went to a farm pond which we scouted for the past two days.... There were plenty of birds hitting the water way before shoot time....it was hard to contain ourselves.... but we had to!

We ended up with 16 birds... a good mix... gaddys, Teal, Green heads, and a few divers! A Great day with good friends in the blind!

[Broken External Image]

The new Swamp dog Call out this year got the job done!
[Broken External Image]

It was a great weekend!

PJ

okieboomer1

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Did'nt see anything on Saturday, got one mallard drake on Sunday morning. Shot him through the tree top I was sitting under, good special effects with the bits of tree raining down with the duck.

Hondafire

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just hunted Sunday morning. We had loads of birds on us before legal time. We were limited out by 7:30. Sacked up the decoys and headed off to do some fine tuned scouting for this next weekend.

We killed a nice mix. Mallards, teal, wigeons, gadwalls, scaup....I think that was it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom