Dumb Question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Iwant1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My wife and I just had a baby girl. We were out on the town the other day and I had a thought and wanted to run it by you guys.
The scenario would be shopping or walking in public with a buggy of some sort with the car seat on top with new baby inside(like Wal-mart buggy). Some man approaches the child in the car seat and takes the car seat by the handle with child inside...attemping to steal her or kill her(simply throwing her could kill or cause great bodily harm). At this point, would this be a "righteous shoot"?

Iwant1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know that most people would say they would shoot to kill, but with everyone's experiences of how cases pan out and how the judge/courts would handle this, would it turn out a "righteous shoot"?

Rod Snell

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know that most people would say they would shoot to kill, but with everyone's experiences of how cases pan out and how the judge/courts would handle this, would it turn out a "righteous shoot"?

OK law provides the same right to protect your family as yourself.
That said, the same elements of ability, opportunity, and intent to inflict death or great bodily harm would prevail. Don't shoot some grandpa who is just admring your kid. :oops3:

spd67

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OK law provides the same right to protect your family as yourself.
That said, the same elements of ability, opportunity, and intent to inflict death or great bodily harm would prevail. Don't shoot some grandpa who is just admring your kid. :oops3:

you had better be sure that the child is being abducted and that you can articulate why you shot....you are the one who is responsible for the bullets that come out.

bigfug

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
you had better be sure that the child is being abducted and that you can articulate why you shot....you are the one who is responsible for the bullets that come out.

I cant think of any reason a stranger would try to remove my child and car seat, other than to harm them. I can deal with anything that happens to me, I cant deal with anything happening to my child.

Latest posts

Top Bottom