Dumb things overheard at a gun store.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Legendary350

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
This was not a gun store, but a Conceal Carry Class, a few years ago. We had one guy, that kept pointing his pistol at the instructor, to the point he told him the next time, he was kicked out without a refund! I was kinda hoping this idiot didn't qualify for this permit, the kind of jerk that gives all gun owners a bad name! and a real danger to himself, and others!
In one of my classes one of the participants expressed that in an altercation you shoot until the guy is dead. I jumped all over him, the instructor really didn't say much. I was upset that the guy wasn't thrown out of the class. There's a lot of trash out there.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
This was not a gun store, but a Conceal Carry Class, a few years ago. We had one guy, that kept pointing his pistol at the instructor, to the point he told him the next time, he was kicked out without a refund! I was kinda hoping this idiot didn't qualify for this permit, the kind of jerk that gives all gun owners a bad name! and a real danger to himself, and others!
He should have been removed the first time!!

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Wow!!

Our CCW class was back quite some time ago, but I distinctly remember that we didn't do much in getting to handle our weapons until we actually got to the range and in our assigned bay.

WoodsCraft

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Years ago I worked a gun store , at the time of my hiring it was incorrectly believed by me to be my dream job, after a year I came to the realization people really are more stupid than they appear upon first inspection.

You will hear the most moronic things a human can utter in a gun store and over time come to the idea that while people may have a right to own a firearm there are some folks who shouldn't

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
Years ago I worked a gun store , at the time of my hiring it was incorrectly believed by me to be my dream job, after a year I came to the realization people really are more stupid than they appear upon first inspection.

You will hear the most moronic things a human can utter in a gun store and over time come to the idea that while people may have a right to own a firearm there are some folks who shouldn't
I agree, but then WHO gets to decide who is smart enough, and is not? That brings up all kinds of problems, and does away with our right to own and bare arms? It seems to me, as imperfect as it is, the people that are not allowed to own, and bare arms, should be people that have proven they can't handle that responsibility, convicted felons, the diagnosed mentally ill, and Democrats!

WoodsCraft

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I agree, but then WHO gets to decide who is smart enough, and is not? That brings up all kinds of problems, and does away with our right to own and bare arms? It seems to me, as imperfect as it is, the people that are not allowed to own, and bare arms, should be people that have proven they can't handle that responsibility, convicted felons, the diagnosed mentally ill, and Democrats!

I'll decline to make any determination on the qualification , I was just sharing my observations . When you sell a fella a P220and he takes it home then brings it back to the store complaining it doesn't work and he shows you a box of 10mm ammunition with a primer that had been dented but fortunately not detonated because the round shifted forward in the chamber ... Well cause the owner isn't smart enough to know he bought a 45ACP ...

You get the idea

Foxfire5

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
An elderly woman has no business buying a glock anyway unless she has been a trained gunner her whole life...A revolver would probably be the best option for her. Either that or a light-rack with a safety.
My wife and some of her gal friends all have Glocks because they don't have safeties. Also they don't like the revolver because of the hard trigger pull. Hard to dispute their reasons.

WoodsCraft

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My wife and some of her gal friends all have Glocks because they don't have safeties. Also they don't like the revolver because of the hard trigger pull. Hard to dispute their reasons.

My wife before she passed had become very weak and she often said she had a lot of problems manipulating the slide on the glock 19 I purchased for her, but it was easier to do that than it was for her to over come the 14 pound trigger pull on the Smith and Wesson she had before she got sick , trigger pull of the Glock 19 even with her challenges working slide made it the obvious choice once it was loaded .

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My wife before she passed had become very weak and she often said she had a lot of problems manipulating the slide on the glock 19 I purchased for her, but it was easier to do that than it was for her to over come the 14 pound trigger pull on the Smith and Wesson she had before she got sick , trigger pull of the Glock 19 even with her challenges working slide made it the obvious choice once it was loaded .
Sorry for your loss...for general info, Ruger is releasing or had released an "EZ" semi-auto 380 of their own. I liked the look of it better than the S&W counterpart. Should be a good option for women.

Foxfire5

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Kind of got me thinking WoodCraft. My wife now 75 has a 3913 Lady Smith I bought for her when new. Here a few weeks back I was in the living room and she was in her office and I kept hearing a loud clicking noise so I walked back to where she was and seen her racking the slide over and over. She told me she was finding it difficult to rack the slide and she was going to keep in shape by racking the slide in her free time just in case she needed to use it with the Glock out of reach.

Latest posts

Top Bottom