Dumb things overheard at a gun store.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Legendary350

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I stopped in at a local store that also had a gun range. Asked the guy behind the counter if I could shoot my 45/70 there. He said: "Nothing bigger than a .30/06." So I said: "Then my 45/70 is fine." He looks at me and says: "What did I just say?" I learned a long time ago not to argue with idiots, so I took my business elsewhere.

Gideon

Formerly SirROFL
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My point, if you know something, say something.
I have to fight the urge to do so every time I'm in a gun store because I don't want to sound like an *******. No one wants to be one-upped in their own store by a complete stranger. Lots of egos in the gun world.

Instead, I try to ask questions that are pertinent so that the salesman can look like the good guy. Playing dumb can give people permission to admit what they don't know.

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I stopped in at a local store that also had a gun range. Asked the guy behind the counter if I could shoot my 45/70 there. He said: "Nothing bigger than a .30/06." So I said: "Then my 45/70 is fine." He looks at me and says: "What did I just say?" I learned a long time ago not to argue with idiots, so I took my business elsewhere.
You already asked, he answered..what a dick. I would have shot it without asking, ballistics won’t hurt their backstop

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As a former gun salesperson, I hate you people. Whether we have one or ten they all come in a box. And it better have a serious flaw before you get a discount.
Ahhhhhh, so THAT's how you became a 'former gun salesman'!

{forgive me - just being my typical smarta$$ self :anyone:}

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Went to my favorite place other morning (Dongs) been going there for 40 years approx first time ive felt to say something ! new counter help needed THE 2 counter guys both had customers doing paperwork and they were arguing with each other saying you dont know Sh_ _ .etc etc really big turn off. couldnt believe it.!!!
So what you are trying to say is that the two at Dongs, were Dicks? 🙄

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
This was not a gun store, but a Conceal Carry Class, a few years ago. We had one guy, that kept pointing his pistol at the instructor, to the point he told him the next time, he was kicked out without a refund! I was kinda hoping this idiot didn't qualify for this permit, the kind of jerk that gives all gun owners a bad name! and a real danger to himself, and others!

Latest posts

Top Bottom