EDC spare magazines

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clint

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
When I carry my LCP I generally carry a spare mag in a flashlight pouch in my front pocket with a flashlight clipped to the side. I just tuck the flap inside the pouch and the mag seems to fit perfectly and is reasonably easy to access. That being said, I recently switched to using a couple of single Blue Force Gear Ten Speed pistol mag pouches attached to the Raven Concealment Moduloader Pocket Shield (long names) to carry a glock 19 mag in one and a surefire in the other.

http://raven-concealment-systems1.mybigcommerce.com/moduloader-pocket-shield/

Clint

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Although I do think think that waistline carry is generally faster, just maybe not as easy or comfortable. I'm also considering the snagmag for single stack carry, but as stated in a previous comment, it might not be as good for double stacks.

SeanO

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When I carry my LCP I generally carry a spare mag in a flashlight pouch in my front pocket with a flashlight clipped to the side. I just tuck the flap inside the pouch and the mag seems to fit perfectly and is reasonably easy to access. That being said, I recently switched to using a couple of single Blue Force Gear Ten Speed pistol mag pouches attached to the Raven Concealment Moduloader Pocket Shield (long names) to carry a glock 19 mag in one and a surefire in the other.

http://raven-concealment-systems1.mybigcommerce.com/moduloader-pocket-shield/

The pocket shield is an awesome way to carry spare mags. The only way I prefer to carry is IWB at about 11-11:30. My mags on my duty belt also sit at 11-1130.

Elm Creek Smith

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I can only read one magazine at a time, and I usually read them at home.

At work I wear two double speed loader pouches with a speed strip in my pocket for my back up. Off duty I carry two speed strips in a double dump pouch.

FamousAJ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
you know excat...i don't carry a spare mag on me. I have one in the night stand and one in the truck.

Should I have SHTF scenario and a gun/mag/ammo problem...I guess it all depends on what the situation is, on what I would do. I prefer comfort, that may be what is engraved on my gravestone (i'm being cremated, so it's moot) but I'm not scared of dying either.

i figure if I'm stuck in a SHTF scenario and all I has was my shield with 6 rd and a 7rd spare mag for an extended period of time...here's hoping the JBT's arrive in a timely fashion to save whomever is left.

excat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
you know excat...i don't carry a spare mag on me. I have one in the night stand and one in the truck.

Should I have SHTF scenario and a gun/mag/ammo problem...I guess it all depends on what the situation is, on what I would do. I prefer comfort, that may be what is engraved on my gravestone (i'm being cremated, so it's moot) but I'm not scared of dying either.

i figure if I'm stuck in a SHTF scenario and all I has was my shield with 6 rd and a 7rd spare mag for an extended period of time...here's hoping the JBT's arrive in a timely fashion to save whomever is left.

Yeah, there's a fine line in being paranoid and being prepared in my mind. I don't find it uncomfortable to carry a spare when I'm wearing shorts and such, just not that comfortable when wearing jeans (I carry at about 1'o'clock IWB so no room for the extra mag holder).

Now the night stand though, I have copious amounts of ammo, and several flavors of arms I can grab very quickly (you've seen my setup I made). My mind set in that though is if I need to GTFO of the house in a damn hurry, I have at least something along with some ammo I can dump into my bad on the way out and I don't have to make a trip to the safe if it's not safe. I have 5 strategically placed arms I can grab on my way out if I need to, along with lots o' bullets and mags each.

Latest posts

Top Bottom