Edited first post because I have permission to share now.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The real amazing thing about this is, when I went in the hospital, mom was about to complete her 4 weeks of radiation for cancer in her neck. It was wrapped around her vocal cords, choking off her breathing and wrapped around the major vein that goes to the brain. Inoperable and a sure death sentence if the radiation didnt work. She said she would not do chemo.
Dad was so busy taking care of her and myself that he failed to tell anyone of his on health concerns. My brother is a DVM and had come from MO to be with me at the hospital. Dad couldnt fool him and he noticed dad was retaining water badly and laying around sleeping whenever he wasnt being called to duty.
So after my surgery sometime, my brother took dad to the ER. He had congestive heart failure going on. So I was on the 7th floor at Baptist and dad was on the floor above me. I got the news that moms cancer was all but gone and Dad just needed some lasix and an adjustment to his meds and diet. So we were all 3 on the road to recovery and days before that I wondered if we were going to be having a triple funeral. While dad and I was in the hospital my sister flew in from CA and the whole family was together for mom n dads 65th anniversary and also it was dads 83rd birthday. They wheeled my up to dads room with all the family present and we celebrated their anniversary and his B day in the hospital. That was humbling as well because that day I knew we were all going to be ok.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom