Egyptians storm U.S. embassy in Cairo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Islamists do not care a wit about the movie, cartoon or book except as an excuse to kill people who do not agree with them. Far too many people do not understand the enemy, or are sympathetic to them. Islamists want to convert, enslave or kill the infidel. It is their way of life, and it is in diametric opposition to how modern western peoples think. Because it is so contrary to the "we can negotiate or engage in civil discourse to solve our problems" view of how civilized people behave, many of us do not understand how to deal with it. This is not something new, history is chock full of examples from the very beginnings. Far too many westerners, warm and cozy in there beds, do not realize that there are a large number of people in the world for whom violence is how business gets done. Cries of "bring them all home" only guarantees that the fight will come with it. If you have that opinion I respect it but I also disagree with it and I think history does as well.

yes, because what we're doing now is working so well! :rolleyes2

uncle money bags

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
who is it you want to attack? Any Muslim? Every Muslim? Admit it, you are for more war in the Middle East
. You want to kill them all because they dont want to negotiate on your terms. They would rather fight than negotiate a peace and you would rather keep our troops over there fighting a worthless cause.

Your making no sense. Keep killing them because they oppose our culture. POOP!

Wrong, wrong, and wrong. Plenty of societies oppose our culture. The society I am talking about kills us because of their opposition. Believing that you can negotiate with that mindset insures that you are a future victim. I do not think we should send troops to war with anyone that does not threaten us. If it becomes necessary to do so then by definition "diplomacy" has failed and negotiation in the manner that our enemy understands should be used.

Jim Corrigan

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Islamists do not care a wit about the movie, cartoon or book except as an excuse to kill people who do not agree with them. Far too many people do not understand the enemy, or are sympathetic to them. Islamists want to convert, enslave or kill the infidel. It is their way of life, and it is in diametric opposition to how modern western peoples think. Because it is so contrary to the "we can negotiate or engage in civil discourse to solve our problems" view of how civilized people behave, many of us do not understand how to deal with it. This is not something new, history is chock full of examples from the very beginnings. Far too many westerners, warm and cozy in there beds, do not realize that there are a large number of people in the world for whom violence is how business gets done. Cries of "bring them all home" only guarantees that the fight will come with it. If you have that opinion I respect it but I also disagree with it and I think history does as well.

Again I ask, how many people have died at the result of the US is Iraq, Afghanistan, Yemen, Pakistan, Libya? Who wants to convert, enslave, or kill? Seriously, have you ever even thought about how many people we kill daily? How would you feel if Egyptian or Libyan troops were occupying the USA, killing thousands every month? And for literally no reason at all. Just because ya know....that's how Westerners think? Thanks for telling me how I feel. And history absolutely does not agree with you. Damn sure not recent history.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I'm curious as to what you think the scenario would be if we pulled everyone out and cut ties?? You think world peace would magically come about?

i dont care to speculate any particular scenario, although if a government attacks us, i dont oppose defending our intrests.

I do know there wont be peace in the middle east ever. Whether we're there or not.

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Again I ask, how many people have died at the result of the US is Iraq, Afghanistan, Yemen, Pakistan, Libya? Who wants to convert, enslave, or kill? Seriously, have you ever even thought about how many people we kill daily? How would you feel if Egyptian or Libyan troops were occupying the USA, killing thousands every month? And for literally no reason at all. Just because ya know....that's how Westerners think? Thanks for telling me how I feel. And history absolutely does not agree with you. Damn sure not recent history.

I haven't killed anyone today.

Jim Corrigan

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Wrong, wrong, and wrong. Plenty of societies oppose our culture. The society I am talking about kills us because of their opposition. Believing that you can negotiate with that mindset insures that you are a future victim. I do not think we should send troops to war with anyone that does not threaten us. If it becomes necessary to do so then by definition "diplomacy" has failed and negotiation in the manner that our enemy understands should be used.

And they don't oppose our culture because we have occupied their nations and killed an ass ton of them? Believing you can commit genocide against another culture is pretty much the worst thing I've read on OSA, and man, there's beeen some real doozies. I really don't think you are hearing yourself. It's so much hypocricy. So our enemy understands AC-130's and Predator Drones? They understand civilian strikes in civilain areas? Don't you realize the same "dirty tactics" they use are how we defeated the British in the Revolutionary War?

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score

Friend im not wrong, you've been implying and pussyfooting around. What society are you talking about? Its a direct question. "The society I am talking about kills because of their opposition." These are your words, your implying, because they oppose us we should kill them or at least war with them.

Just admit it, you want to keep engaging in war with all muslims because they wont quit fighting and you dont know when to quit.

Latest posts

Top Bottom