Egyptians storm U.S. embassy in Cairo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

uncle money bags

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes sir you are correct, but why do we have to have boots on the ground in 148 countries? We want to go to war, fine lets declare war, kick @$$ using both hands instead of one tied behind our back, then bring our guys/ gals home, worry about our homeless, our hungry, our borders, and govounering our country like our four fathers meant for it to be, not looking over the worlds shoulder saying your not doing it right, or just let us do it.

Ok Im back, I am all with you when you say, basically when its time for war declare war lets get in and get it done without the restraints on. I agree that anything short of total commitment to defeating the enemy must be the first priority. To do anything less is a grave disservice to the men and women who do the fighting. Most, not all, of our outreach, for lack of a better phrase, is in support of our national interests like trade, diplomacy, etc. these are good things for us because they grow economies which raises the standard of living and creates wealth. I dont think we need to be telling other countries or peoples that their way is wrong and to change to our way. that is an attitude that never results in positive outcomes. Sooner or later it will bite us in the a$$. However, I draw the line at the point that we have to act that way to protect our nation or people, and in some cases interests with respect to allies.. Those are the situations which frequently call for war.

uncle money bags

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
With permission from congress I think putting a few divisions down on the border with Mexico would go a long way towards stoping the flow of illegal people, drugs, money, and guns.
That is a big problem, Nations who are "friendly" risk much worse than we currently have by putting troops on the border between their nations. There are adequate ways to deal with the border situation with non military law enforcement if only the will existed to implement them in government

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Our diplomatic mission is to put as many fingers as we can into as many pots as we can, do it at times where the countries are very volatile, with a rhetoric and bravado that is insulting and provoking to other nations, and then we don't finish the job when attacked but rather we drag out the conflict to become some convoluted affair with no clear goal and no exit strategy.

The US Foreign Policy is like a macro-level example of all those self defense fail scenarios we're all so critical of here on the forum.

This times eleventy billion! You can't expect to go mucking around in the internal affairs of other nations without stepping on some toes. Odds are high that you'll be able to pay off the local muckety-muck to avoid an official response (Pakistan is a perfect example). Unfortunately, that doesn't work so well with the enraged local populace.

However, in this case it's the local hoodlums attacking the official U.S. for something one of our citizens did. That would be like us invading Iraq because some Saudi nationals dropped the Twin Towers. Oh, wait...:scratch:

It's weird that you both quoted my post and then proceeded to state my "point" that was nowhere near what was directly above what you were typing.

I'm not at all saying "No biggie". I guess I'm questioning what the president can do about our being attacked by a group of individuals that don't necessarily represent their country.

What would we do if someone responded to the USA because a small group of US citizens rioted (breaking our local laws) and attacked their foreign embassy?

What can the President do? Well he can authorize our Marine Security Guards to return fire when an American on sovereign soil is killed! WTF? This makes us look weak and pathetic across the globe. It will only embolden those that would do this again. Next time, it might be even worse.

As for the shoe being on the other foot? Well we'd print another truckload of worthless fiat money and pay them off of course! After all, it's the American way! :(

uncle money bags

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's weird that you both quoted my post and then proceeded to state my "point" that was nowhere near what was directly above what you were typing.

I'm not at all saying "No biggie". I guess I'm questioning what the president can do about our being attacked by a group of individuals that don't necessarily represent their country.

What would we do if someone responded to the USA because a small group of US citizens rioted (breaking our local laws) and attacked their foreign embassy?

An interesting hypothetical, I suspect the antagonists would end up on the receiving side of a wood shampoo before they were able to affect such a feat instead of our police standing around watching another country's embassy being attacked.

Boehlertaught

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Because if we keep asserting American exceptionalism and engage in overt nation building in places where we're not welcome, we end up with events like what occurred 11 years ago today.

I think it is time to bring everyone home for a while...maybe a long while. Forget the money these counties owe us. One billion here and there, not a big deal when the national debt is rocketing through the trillions. Let these jokers in the mid-east play together alone for a while. They can either work their issues out or they can't. It just doesn't seem like it is our direct problem right now.

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What can the President do? Well he can authorize our Marine Security Guards to return fire when an American on sovereign soil is killed! WTF? This makes us look weak and pathetic across the globe. It will only embolden those that would do this again. Next time, it might be even worse.

This. In addition I saw no mention of there even being Marines guarding the facility in Libya, just local rented security that ran away. I suspect it is a matter of typical State Department ineptness. State Department policy seems to be to let rioters overrun the facility grounds and hope the hardened building remains secure until local police or military arrive to restore order. This needs to change.

Buddhaman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is why I'm all in favor of isolationist policies. We don't need embassies around the world, especially in countries where we are hated for rediculous reasons (a movie). Bring everyone home, defend the borders, let our "friends" keep us updated on their situations, observe from a distance, and quit giving aide to other countries!

uncle money bags

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is why I'm all in favor of isolationist policies. We don't need embassies around the world, especially in countries where we are hated for rediculous reasons (a movie). Bring everyone home, defend the borders, let our "friends" keep us updated on their situations, observe from a distance, and quit giving aide to other countries!

Fair enough opinion. If we were to do that, where do you see the U.S. In ten years with respect to security and the economy?

Latest posts

Top Bottom