Egyptians storm U.S. embassy in Cairo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buddhaman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Fair enough opinion. If we were to do that, where do you see the U.S. In ten years with respect to security and the economy?

As long as we maintain active surveilence (sp?) on the more problematic countries I think we would be fine. So far we've had countries who say they have nuclear capabilities but they are far from being a threat to the U.S. We would have adequate time to respond to a threat should one of those countries ever have a viable method for launching a nuclear strike. With more troops at home we could also secure our border with Mexico and hopefully end illegal immigration by land as well as the drug smuggling.

The economy would take a hit but that's due to alot of money getting thrown around to "rebuild" the countries that we damaged. With no countries to rebuild there would be a few companies that suddenly have alot of free time. Of course if we quit sending aide to other countries and we free up some of the defense budget we might be able to cut taxes a bit or actually use the aide for people who are hurting in our country.

I know it's mostly a pipe-dream but the cycle of war, rebuild, occupy has been the primary military strategy for the last 70 years or more. When WWII was over we started keeping our airfields and bases in other countries, reasonable idea when we're friendly with that country now (Germany, Italy, Japan) but not so great when we're still being targetted by civilians/radicalists. I'd rather we just took care of our house before we remodel the neighborhood.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
With permission from congress I think putting a few divisions down on the border with Mexico would go a long way towards stoping the flow of illegal people, drugs, money, and guns.

Except according to a member of one of the major cartels that is conspicuously less-covered in news reports - Uncle Sam is in bed with a certain major player.

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Putting aside your Ron Paul support or opposition, this video touches on many of the topics discussed within this thread:

A 17 minute vid, but the first half is what should be viewed. The rest is blatant Ron Paul campaigning.

Last edited by a moderator:

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Fair enough opinion. If we were to do that, where do you see the U.S. In ten years with respect to security and the economy?

Honestly? A hell of a lot better off. I think we should maintain at least 75-85% of our current defense spending, but spend it on American soil and use all that foreign aid money to support it. Let's keep the hornets on the nest till someone approaches us to attack, then let em loose! No need to keep getting them killed in the ulcered sphincter of the world that has no real strategic value anyway. :(

Latest posts

Top Bottom