Eischens lol

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I actually saw this last year in Charleston, South Carolina at the Food and Wine Festival. A hipster, complete with black framed glasses and a pork pie hat was using a knife and fork on a taco.

The only thing I use a fork on a taco is to pick up the goodness that fell out while eating with hands. I have been known to use my hands to get that goodness if a fork is not readily available. :oops3:

okiebryan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes they have gun buster signs up. I have no idea why cause thier a bar. Can't carry there anyway.

If their business is primarily serving food, then it's not a bar for the purposes of the carry law. It's a restaurant. I'm not as clear on Eischen's as I am about places like Chilis and Applebees.

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Like I mentioned on the fried chicken thread. Eischen's is good, it's actually really good, but it's just really good for plain fried chicken. There's nothing special about it, no secret spices, no honey drizzled over the top like Bobo's, it's just plain, traditional fried chicken. Part of the charm is in the atmosphere. Standing in line waiting on a table while pounding a pitcher of beer is appealing to some, me included.

The best way to experience Eischen's is to consume 1 pitcher of beer before seating yourself.
Bite of fried chicken + bite of onion + bite of bread and butter pickles.

Perfect combo that I enjoy. Have I had better friend chicken? Yes. Have I had a better all around experience while eating fried chicken? Not even close.

COZICAN

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Skip Eishens and try the HalfTime Grille at Rockwell and Newcastle Road. Better chicken, shorter drive. Really!

Coz

68mustang

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Never been, don't plan on going. I don't care how good it is, I'm not waiting 3 hours to give people my money. You want cash from me, give me good service.

I had to lol at this comment. I've been going my whole life and the amount of times I've waited more than an hour I can count on 1 hand. It's not their fault they are busy.

VIKING

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I actually saw this last year in Charleston, South Carolina at the Food and Wine Festival. A hipster, complete with black framed glasses and a pork pie hat was using a knife and fork on a taco.

DennisHoddy and I both have worked with a guy that eats potato chips with a fork. Knowing some of his habits, I can't really blame him.:werd:

Z71

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Eischen's....it's all that it is..no more no less...

There is better chicken out there..it just ain't in the 'oldest bar in Oklahoma'...The cool factor keeps the doors open..it damn sure ain't the service..

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My wife went once with her co workers..said it was like her mom's fried chicken...YUK!
she can't cook chicken..wring it out like a dish rag to get the grease out of it...No thanks..

There are a lot of places I do not eat at..Reason: i can cook better Much Better..so can my wife.

Latest posts

Top Bottom