Employers can forbid guns, a judge rules, issues an injunction against OK law.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buzzdraw

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
TULSA WORLD picked up the story today. Ran it as top item on the front page. For those that don't know the WORLD is pretty liberal, so this must be regarded as a major defeat to some.

underdog

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's a major defeat to the Chamber of Commerce and those companies who participated in the lawsuit. I sold my Conoco stock and haven't bought a drop of gas from them since this started. I won't buy a Whirlpool appliance, either.

I wonder if the statute of limitations has passed for the fired Weyerhauser workers to sue, or is there even a basis since an employer doesn't need a reason here? I'd like to see them take a hit for ruining those people's lives. Good jobs are hard to come by in SE OK.

TJay74

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
IANAL but I don't think they could sue based on a law that was passed after they got fired.

THE LAW WAS NEVER PASSED AFTER THEY WERE FIRED, THEY WERE FIRED OVER THEIR COMPANIES INTERPETATION OF WHAT THE LAW MEANT.

IN THIS CASE THE COMPANIES INTEREPETATION WAS NOT WHAT THE STATES WAS.

I WOULD THINK THIS NOW GIVES ANY OF THOSE EMPLOYEES FROM WEYHOUSER, CONOCO, WHILRPOOL, AND WALMART TO FILE WRONGFULL TERMINATIONS LAWSUITS IF THEY SO DEEM SO.

underdog

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I haven't seen mention on this board but NRA just successfully sued San Francisco for banning legal guns from public housing. I think LA is next on their agenda. NRA and California Rifle Assoc have an agenda to take back California's 2A rights.

You've seen my pat answer here for NRA critics. Just ask them who has done more for 2A than NRA.

Latest posts

Top Bottom