Ever had a CAT Scan? MRI?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okiedog

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've had several over the years and don't bother me a bit. Now a myelogram is a different story. Absolutely hate them.
Kinda funny story. Several yrs. ago the doctor told me he had scheduled an x-ray. Me thinking typical chest x-ray. Well, I have been known to carry a SW 640 in an ankle holster and ignore No Concealed Weapons signs. I get to the lab and, sure enough, MRI. When I told the tech I was carrying, she just laughed and said lay it in the chair. Her dad, husband, and brother carried also.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not sure what type of machines Touchstone Imaging here in Norman, where I had my CT scan done, has available and hopefully I won't have anything else going on down the road that warrants a MRI but if I do I'll ask about 'open sided' or 'upright'.........I don't enjoy being put under and anything has got to be better than being slid up in that tube.
The upright was easy. You just sit in a comfortable seat, then they put a bar or tray in front of you where you can rest your arms on a cushion. I had even forgotten to take my pain pill an hour before I went and it was entirely painless.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've had too many. Make sure you don't go down that trail when many of these test are easily shared between hospitals. You own that film/results. Too much radiation/exposure is not good but can be chared to your insurance for no reason..

Neanderthal

In Remembrance / March 2023
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've had too many. Make sure you don't go down that trail when many of these test are easily shared between hospitals. You own that film/results. Too much radiation/exposure is not good but can be chared to your insurance for no reason..

Hell, sometimes they won't share information within their own hospital. I had to deal with that at OU early last year.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've lost count of the MRI's ... hips, back, shoulders ... but never a CT scan that I recall. All of the MRI's were full tube, but they don't bother me in the least.

hammerdown51

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've had several over the years and don't bother me a bit. Now a myelogram is a different story. Absolutely hate them.
Kinda funny story. Several yrs. ago the doctor told me he had scheduled an x-ray. Me thinking typical chest x-ray. Well, I have been known to carry a SW 640 in an ankle holster and ignore No Concealed Weapons signs. I get to the lab and, sure enough, MRI. When I told the tech I was carrying, she just laughed and said lay it in the chair. Her dad, husband, and brother carried also.
Had a myleogram back in December. This was my 2nd one since I can’t have any mri’s due to my pacemaker. A resident did it and it was the most painful thing ever. He hit my nerve 4 times. Shooting pains down to my foot. After he took the needle out I was in so much pain I was crying. They said because I was laying down they couldn’t give me anything. What a bunch of crapola. Next up is an EMG where they stick needles in the muscles. Oh what fun…not. Hopefully after all this they find something and fix it.

Last edited:

white92coupe

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve had two MRIs. The first was on my knee several years ago. Fell asleep listening to The KATT and woke up to the operator yelling through the head phones. He thought I passed out or something. Lol last one was on my ankle in an open machine. Once again I fell asleep and the operator again didn’t believe me that I would fall asleep during it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom