Ever had a game warden approach you in the field? How did it go?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smcgee10

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have only been checked twice. Both times I received citations. The first, I had shot a deer and it was still daylight. About 4:45 pm. I finally get the deer gutted, tagged, and pulled to the truck. All of a sudden I see a GW come flying through MY pasture to check my group, 2 cousins and a uncle were with me. After reading us the riot act that he knew the owner and was told by him to cite anyone who trespasses, and arguing that I could not be the owner because I was too young bla bla bla. I tell him he needs to leave or call the county sheriff for back up and witnesses because I am gonna arrest him for trespassing. He says "Well it is now 6:13 p.m. You shot a deer out of legal shooting hours. ... Sign here. And I will need $100 bond money or I will have to take you to jail." WTF! The funny thing is he had moved to the county about 3 weeks prior. He asked my dad if he knew anyone that could spread the gravel they had just dumped off on the road going to his house. Dad said sure. No talk of payment. Dad sent me over and leveled and spread gravel on his road going to his new trailer house two days before. Monday I sent him an invoice for $375 for tractor and dirt work. He called me up. Said that was highway robbery. Told him I would meet at the cafe and we could work something out. He walked into the cafe saw me sitting there and did not say a word. Just opened his checkbook and wrote a check. Told the judge what happened and he dismissed the citation with $10 court costs and no fine.

The second time I got checked I was at Texoma striper and stripper fishing. We had 4 guys in the boat. Limit should have been 40 with no more than 8 over 20 inches. We get popped for an inspection. The GW looks and sees the life jackets, fire extinguisher, etc etc. I notice he keeps my driver's lisc and my fishing lisc. Then he says "Didn't you used to live in XXXXXXX" I say yes. He says" You have 5 fish that are over the slot. Sign here. And I will need $2500 bond money or I will have to take you to jail." We only had 31 fish and 7 that were over 20. i am beginning to think they do not like me.

Latest posts

Top Bottom