Ever have a day...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
Where you wish you were someplace, anyplace, else?

If I didn't have a kid coming, I think I would cash out and open a bar and grill in Aspen or Vail and just unass this area of operations...

BIG_MIKE2005

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yep, all the time. I have always said if I ever hit the lotto I was outta here. Most likely would end up living WAY out in the woods/Mountains somewhere well far away from heavily populated areas to live a nice peaceful quiet life surrounded by nature. My dream is a nice cabin style home just big enough for my family with a full wrap around porch out in the middle of nowhere on a chunk of my own property.

Feet Dry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not Vail or Aspen. If you've recently come to the "right" the "leftness" of those areas would drive you nuts. Had a friend actually grow up in Aspen and he says he doesn't even recognize it now and never goes back. Too much Hollywood $$$ influences.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yup. I don't have the scratch to open a bar and grill but I think about going Jeremiah Johnson quite often....

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hells, I feel that way nearly every day at work. It's just so disheartening beating your head against the wall all day every day (or all night every night in my case). Sucks to be in that position for someone who got to this point from the propensity to be a "fixer" and realize at the end of the day that you're stuck being a "patcher". Or worse...

<sigh>

Come on, Retirement....

Or Death. :/

aviator41

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Same here. Tired of the rat race, technology, urban sprawl. . . people. . . especially the stupid ones that tend to congregate around me on the highway for some reason. I swear I understand my horse better than I understand my neighbor.

And thats saying something considering I'm a programmer by trade. So many other things I wish I could do. . . got two kids out of the house, just two left. . . . thats what I keep telling myself. . . just two left.

Latest posts

Top Bottom