Eviction(s)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

easy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is a double-wide that has been there for a few years. It straddles the property line. The occupants own the adjoining property and are real turds, some of their stuff is on my land as well. They also have blocked deeded right of way for another property for about six or seven years by just parking their crap in the road.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is a double-wide that has been there for a few years. It straddles the property line. The occupants own the adjoining property and are real turds, some of their stuff is on my land as well. They also have blocked deeded right of way for another property for about six or seven years by just parking their crap in the road.

Yikes. You're gonna need a survey and everything. Suckage. Good luck, man.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

You might want to do something soon. Some years back, I was reading that if someone uses your property for a long enough time, they almost or do get possession of it. The case I was reading was one where a neighbor or neighbors were taking a shortcut walking across the guy's property. He let it go for years and then decided to put up a fence to stop it.

They went to court and some "legal understanding" showed that because he didn't stop it sooner, the neighbors had "rights" to cross his land. I just don't remember what that "legal understanding" was called. Nor do I remember the number of years of "use" that allowed it.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You might want to do something soon. Some years back, I was reading that if someone uses your property for a long enough time, they almost or do get possession of it. The case I was reading was one where a neighbor or neighbors were taking a shortcut walking across the guy's property. He let it go for years and then decided to put up a fence to stop it.

They went to court and some "legal understanding" showed that because he didn't stop it sooner, the neighbors had "rights" to cross his land. I just don't remember what that "legal understanding" was called. Nor do I remember the number of years of "use" that allowed it.
Not sure about paths but if you allow your neighbor's fence to remain 10 years, you cannot have it removed if though it's on you land. They have created an easement. That may have changed.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Follow up to this comment:

Toof posted this at another thread. For some reason, I'm thinking that maybe he meant to post it here because it relates to your issue.

Oklahoma Squatter's Rights

Latest posts

Top Bottom