"Evil" gun stuff "ban" argument

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigbang

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am starting this thread with the idea we need to have answers ready for those who think we are nuts for having the guns, bullets, mags, camo vests, scopes, and whatever some folks deem unappropriate. Christmas is coming up and I will be hanging out with some of my family who don't feel the same as me on guns. I love them very much and really don't want to argue with them but I do want to express my point in a reasonable way. If they don't care for my reason for defending my rights to own my guns (AR's and stuff) then I will leave it at that and enjoy the holiday with them anyway. This is a post I left in another thread but wanted to start this one for folks to maybe have some ideas for reasonable conversation without getting into an angry argument. After all it is the Christmas holiday and everyone should be as polite as possible as to not look like a nut case with a gun. Other ideas welcome.

Look guys there is only one answer you need to give them. It's simple but to the point. The forefathers gave us the second amendment protection against tyranny from our own government or from any other foreign force. What weapon do you think we should fight with other than a weapon like an AR15. The people who would form a militia should have such guns to be ready at all times to protect our way of life. The framers did not say the farmers should be ready to go fight with pitch forks. AR 15's is the minimum we should be able to be expected to protect our freedom and god given rights with. What use is a single shot gun against an opposing force. The only way we can preserve our God given rights is with the power of the American will backed by the means to actually pose a threat to be able to carry it out. Take away the means to fight and you take the ability of The People to stay free.

Last edited:

OliverKlohzoff

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
It's a lost cause. The media has 98% of the public convinced that "assault weapons" are full auto military killing machines. I tried talked to about 10 different middle aged MEN who were not into guns about this very thing this morning. None of them knew that an AR-15 or AK-47 was a semi-auto just like a hunting rifle.

Any discussion on this topic needs to start with teaching people the different between a military rifle and an AR-15/AK-47.

RyanSixer

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've heard the argument, "They were just talking about muskets and stuff."
At the time, yes. They were the most advanced arms. If the citizens had a reason to stop a tyrannical government, they had the means to do so, and be on equal grounds with the tyrants. Today, an AR or an AK is the only gun that could come close to the power of today's weaponry. Anything that doesn't have a "multiple bullet clip" will be nearly obsolete.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Heres what i did last night for a few family visiting for xmas, from PA.

I laid out a muzzle loader, then a 94 win. A mosin, AR, rem mod 4, a cap n ball revolver, smith 640, ruger mk 3, g23. also laid out a .22, .223, 3030, .308, 30-06, 45-70.

Then i explained it, how muzzleloaders were the assault rifle of the day. Explained the differences and how rifles advanced but shared similarities, like the AR and semi remington. I showed them my high cap mags and 10 rounders. I showed them how fast i could reload a revolver using strips and speed loaders.

Then i explained and showed them the different cartridges. I explained why we need the 2A. I showed them the difference between guns I use for protection, hunting and fun. And explained that the 2A has to do with protection and has nothing to do about hunting or fun.

When we were done with my little speech and show n tell, i had won over 5 of 5. They honestly had no clue about guns, magazines or bullets. They really understood our argument about mag capacity. After showing them my .223 AR and my .308 FR-8, they agreed about the "evil assault rifle argument". They thought my "assault mauser" was more evil looking, even though its a bolt action.

Its was really cool showing them and aswering their questions. I felt good anyway.

Now i wish they would all just go home, lol. Im tired of them already.

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

I laid out a muzzle loader, then a 94 win. A mosin, AR, rem mod 4, a cap n ball revolver, smith 640, ruger mk 3, g23. also laid out a .22, .223, 3030, .308, 30-06, 45-70.

Then i explained it, how muzzleloaders were the assault rifle of the day. Explained the differences and how rifles advanced but shared similarities, like the AR and semi remington. I showed them my high cap mags and 10 rounders. I showed them how fast i could reload a revolver using strips and speed loaders.

Then i explained and showed them the different cartridges. I explained why we need the 2A. I showed them the difference between guns I use for protection, hunting and fun. And explained that the 2A has to do with protection and has nothing to do about hunting or fun.

When we were done with my little speech and show n tell, i had won over 5 of 5. They honestly had no clue about guns, magazines or bullets. They really understood our argument about mag capacity. After showing them my .223 AR and my .308 FR-8, they agreed about the "evil assault rifle argument". They thought my "assault mauser" was more evil looking, even though its a bolt action.

Its was really cool showing them and aswering their questions. I felt good anyway.

Way to represent. Many, many people need this exact lesson.

diabjoe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

This is what needs to be done in schools since it is the only way to really reach EVERYONE. A gun safety section of a mandatory class would do wonders to not only educate but also teach safe handling of weapons. It might even help prevent accidents when parents are too stupid to provide the proper training to their children or not lock up their weapons. Education is a valuable weapon against the widespread ignorance in our country.

Latest posts

Top Bottom