F150 Ecoboost Engine, Infomercial on KFOR

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Label me a skeptic. Its a hard sell to me that these engines will last. In my experience, the more complicated the engine, the more failures you will have. All the tests in the world cannot prove real world durability over time.

uniquediversity

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well ford is on their a game now. I traded in a lightning for a new f-150 and they gave me a lifetime warranty. So as long as I take it in every 5k for oilchange they warranty all internally lubricated parts. With that being said. As long as you take it in for service it doesn't matter really whether they can handle the abuse. You have a lifetime warranty

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you have an 08-10 Powerstroke not very damned well. Open the hood on one and tell me you want one.

I'm looking to buy a '10 right now. Just waiting to see how bad I get raped by the tax guy and wanting to see a little more about these EcoBoost engines. Maybe I'll get one of them instead.

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm looking to buy a '10 right now. Just waiting to see how bad I get raped by the tax guy and wanting to see a little more about these EcoBoost engines. Maybe I'll get one of them instead.

I would avoid that year model like the plague. My father in law has an 08 with that twin turboed monstrosity. Absolutely the most unreliable POS he has owned to date. Also know a guy that drives a bull semen truck and his powerstroke of the same ilk is in the shop more that it is on the road. They say that you have to remove the cab to work on these engines. I think the new powerstoke in the 11 model is supposedly more reliable but I don't think there is enough time to tell yet. Just make sure you open the hood before you decide, it is ridiculous.

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I thought the 6.0 was the most unreliable??? That's what everyone keeps telling me as I roll up over 165k on mine. LOL! The 6.4 really is supposed to be more bulletproof and from everything I've read, they are much more mod friendly than the 6.0 or even the 6.7.

Latest posts

Top Bottom