Maintaining and keeping high mileage F150?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

caliberbob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
that’s way more personal choice. Do you like the trucks and want to repair it? The mechanic may also rather just swap a transmission than tear into one. But you are the customer. If the tranny is original it might just be a good opportunity to put a new one in it.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’d fix it. You build history with a vehicle. If you are not hard on your vehicle and repair correctly what’s needed it’ll serve you well. And like @Shadowrider said, $3k beats $20k+ for sure
New is $50k for stripped down model.
$70 - $100k for most of the lot.

My '06 has 228k miles. Put $4k into it and it looks / runs as good anything on the road. I bought it new, know the maintenance, done every oil change. I put that $600+ payment in the savings every month. Maintenance costs are a pitance, in comparison.

caliberbob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
New is $50k for stripped down model.
$70 - $100k for most of the lot.

My '06 has 228k miles. Put $4k into it and it looks / runs as good anything on the road. I bought it new, know the maintenance, done every oil change. I put that $600+ payment in the savings every month. Maintenance costs are a pitance, in comparison.
Agreed. Yeah it shows you I haven’t looked at new vehicles in a LONG time. I put $6k into my 06’ Ram 3500 and it runs like a top. I’ll never buy new unless I’m very wealthy. And I guess that’s subjective

Roy14

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just got all the parts in to go through the brakes on my 08 Tundra.... Next I am getting the 4x4 actuator .... going to keep sinking money into it and stay on top of the fluids and service intervals.
It is ugly, but runs strong and no payments. House is paid off so I can tuck some money away for major items .
What brake setup did you go with? I have an 08 as well and about to do the same.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I really like my 2004 Silverado. 140K miles. The only thing I would fix is the body. It has cancer in the rocker panels and the rear fenders above the tires. I don't have the skills or the money to fix that right now. I probably never will which really saddens me.

xseler

These are not the firearms you're looking for.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just seen where Roger Raglin, the tv hunting show guy put another motor in his famous Excursion, think the original had 505,000 on it. 7.3 Powerstroke Diesel

My folks used to deliver 5th wheels across the country. The last Ford they used also had the 7.3 Powerstroke --- it had nearly 700,000 miles on it! However, the rest of the truck was extremely worn-out.

Latest posts

Top Bottom