Fake Watches

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rockchalk06

ʞlɒʜƆʞɔoЯ
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have to ask....why would someone want to own a fake? A "decent" fake is relatively expensive (one could buy an authentic watch), they have crap resale value, its a weird "secret" to hide, it's obviously being worn to present a lie, outside of true super clones, they are pretty easy to spot and how embarrassing to respond to people when they mention it. Wouldn't someone have to be super insecure to buy/wear fakes and paranoid to be found out?

I'd wear a $50 Timex before I'd wear a free super clone but maybe that's just me?
I was in the middle of posting a similar comment when yours came through.

I agree. I'm not trying to sound like a watch snob, but why in the world would you want to own a fake. Homage, I get. A legitimate rip off feels to me like buying a VW Bug and slapping a RR grill on it.

I type this with an SMP on my wrist and look at how well made of a watch it is and knowing how hard I had to work, save to get it. All the while knowing I have a 400 dollar Hamilton Khaki field that is next up in the rotation and one of the finest watches in that price point ever made.

coolhandluke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have to ask....why would someone want to own a fake? A "decent" fake is relatively expensive (one could buy an authentic watch), they have crap resale value, its a weird "secret" to hide, it's obviously being worn to present a lie, outside of true super clones, they are pretty easy to spot and how embarrassing to respond to people when they mention it. Wouldn't someone have to be super insecure to buy/wear fakes and paranoid to be found out?

I'd wear a $50 Timex before I'd wear a free super clone but maybe that's just me?

The only circumstances in which I'd condone trying out a fake/ replica is if you are wanting to see if you care for the size or fit of a case before dropping any substantial money on the real thing. In that situation, just buy a decent quality homage like a Steinhart or San Martin instead. Aside from that, their only purpose is to fool or impress the ignorant.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score

I agree. I'm not trying to sound like a watch snob, but why in the world would you want to own a fake. Homage, I get. A legitimate rip off feels to me like buying a VW Bug and slapping a RR grill on it.

I type this with an SMP on my wrist and look at how well made of a watch it is and knowing how hard I had to work, save to get it. All the while knowing I have a 400 dollar Hamilton Khaki field that is next up in the rotation and one of the finest watches in that price point ever made.
😂
322FE63F-7124-4F08-8321-41A9A05B5E53.png

OKCShooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Do you say the same about silicone implants? David Spade said it best-I like real ones that look fake and fakes that look real!

I can only assume that this is a joke; otherwise this is the longest and weirdest reach I've seen in a long time (comparing medical procedures to fake Rolexes) but then again, I recognize that you are the one that owns fakes so you might be trying to justify them?

Throw in the slave labor to make the counterfeit, add in the illegal aspect of them being sold and then weigh that against the Company that they are also cheating by ripping off their Intellectual Property and I realize that I have a negative perception of anyone that would wear/own a Fake.

rjbrooks7

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I can only assume that this is a joke; otherwise this is the longest and weirdest reach I've seen in a long time (comparing medical procedures to fake Rolexes) but then again, I recognize that you are the one that owns fakes so you might be trying to justify them?

Throw in the slave labor to make the counterfeit, add in the illegal aspect of them being sold and then weigh that against the Company that they are also cheating by ripping off their Intellectual Property and I realize that I have a negative perception of anyone that would wear/own a Fake.
Because Baywatch is all fake and fun to watch! Wrestling is fake and it’s fun.

Before you throw around the term “slave labor”, make sure nothing you own, buy/sell, consume or use is made in China. Your iPhone or android you’re typing on-made by slaves. Your Nikes, Adidas, Under Armor, etc-all made by slaves. These companies can say what they like, but sweat shops are slave factories and today’s Fortune 500 corporations exploit cheap labor equally as despicably as the 1800’s plantation owners of the south. There’s still slavery taking place in our nation as well. And I’m our state. Human trafficking is slavery. Workers at illegitimate grass farms are slaves that were smuggled in for indentured servitude. Whether we like it or not, we’re all supporting slavery in some way or another. Apple, Nike, Amazon, big pharmaceutical companies (I’ll save that for another rant), Levi Strauss, Habanos S.A. (Cuban Cigars), fake watches…all produced thanks to “slaves”.

So, before you get butt hurt again because someone’s selling an item you many find offensive in your superficial glass house, try gauging whether or not people are being serious or joking-after all, it’s hard to hear implied tone through your keyboard.

I was just poking fun at stuff. Sorry if I originally offended you. The fake tits wasn’t meant to, but this was.

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score

Maybe it is just you. I like the Relax sub I got a few weeks ago ago but it's a parody so not really trying to be a Rolex. I'm considering a Seamaster and would like to get a fake to wear a bit to see if I want to invest the bucks in a real one. Nothing embarrasses me and I don't think they are as easy to spot as one might think. I'll sell it to you if I decide to get a real one. 😂

Pstmstr

Special Hen Banned
Reaction score

Medical procedures. 😂 might be striking a bit close to home on this one.

Pstmstr

Special Hen Banned
Reaction score

I just want to look cool without the credit card bill at BC Clark. If I can just wear yours a couple of months I can decide if I like one well enough to buy it. Or maybe my postal buddy will tire of his and make me a deal.

OKCShooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Because Baywatch is all fake and fun to watch! Wrestling is fake and it’s fun.

Before you throw around the term “slave labor”, make sure nothing you own, buy/sell, consume or use is made in China. Your iPhone or android you’re typing on-made by slaves. Your Nikes, Adidas, Under Armor, etc-all made by slaves. These companies can say what they like, but sweat shops are slave factories and today’s Fortune 500 corporations exploit cheap labor equally as despicably as the 1800’s plantation owners of the south. There’s still slavery taking place in our nation as well. And I’m our state. Human trafficking is slavery. Workers at illegitimate grass farms are slaves that were smuggled in for indentured servitude. Whether we like it or not, we’re all supporting slavery in some way or another. Apple, Nike, Amazon, big pharmaceutical companies (I’ll save that for another rant), Levi Strauss, Habanos S.A. (Cuban Cigars), fake watches…all produced thanks to “slaves”.

So, before you get butt hurt again because someone’s selling an item you many find offensive in your superficial glass house, try gauging whether or not people are being serious or joking-after all, it’s hard to hear implied tone through your keyboard.

I was just poking fun at stuff. Sorry if I originally offended you. The fake tits wasn’t meant to, but this was.
Sorry you’re so upset. Keep rocking the fake Rolexes, lol

Latest posts

Top Bottom