Fallin Says 10 Commandments Will Stay Regardless of Courts Decision

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's not that complicated. The Constitution says no public money or property can be used for the promotion of any particular religion. That means if you let one, you let all. Remember that satanic statue that some wanted to put out there? Even if the AG gets this reheard, I doubt it would change anything and the AG might lose some political capital in the process. Even if the topic makes to a public vote, I doubt it would survive a federal court challenge.

I really don't even know what to say. Those that should be upholding law aren't. They've skirted it for so long and when they finally get called out on it they do not comply with lawful requests to comply.

Why don't Christians understand the danger in government-endorsed religion? They're quickly getting outnumbered.

I think our laws are somewhat based on the ten commandments and historically, cultures that get those type of rules shown to them revert from being savages to civilized. Other religions have some of the same rules as do atheists & agnostics with a moral compass (probably from living in a culture all their lives that uses the 10 commandments as a guide).

I partial theorize that any civil disobedience that law makers engage in over this ruling is a form of backlash to the non-religious community getting their way on things such as the blatantly illegal ruling on 0bamacare recently. It is a form of "If they can do it, then so can we..."

If the law says it clearly, then it is hard to argue another way...whether it is this issue or a recent SCOTUS ruling. As a Christian myself, living in a predominantly Christian state, I do not view this the same as going door to door and forcing people to convert by the sword. Some non-Christians will & have treated it as such...I think of Saudi Arabia and what it might be like if they tried to to that there? I realize this is not Saudi Arabia and we are not a monarchy or a theocracy (although 0bama is the closest thing to an Islamic Sultan we've seen in the USA), but the very country that gives this minority of people in Oklahoma that would not want the 10 commandments their freedom & prosperity and stability was and is maintained and given to them as a result of Western Christianity. It is almost like biting the hand that feeds them...Feining outrage as if they are being forced to convert when all they are is "offended" by something. Gay marriage is offensive too...this country is has become so politically correct and people all running around saying they are offended and not looking at the reality and instead living in a bubble.

You live in a Christian state and are ruled by Christian leaders...some of them are more militant than others...but you damn well know that you have it good here and none of these people are able to function as tyrannical theocrats..the Christians police each other and you are not in danger of something like we see in the Islamic world...so be a realist. It should be no surprise what Oklahoma law makers are gonna do on this issue; the law never seems to stop people from their own ideology..that includes 0bama, the SCOTUS, Fallin or others...it doesn't make it right but pick your battles I guess...you are correct that the law seems to say it should not be allowed...let the law makers and the court battle it out and continue to enjoy how good you have it here knowing that the ten commandments on the Capitol grounds only offends you and you don't have to go view them and they are not going to oppress you in any way other than offend LOL...I obviously have some conflict on this because I think the law is clear yet I do not like protecting people from being offended...what say you guys on this dose of attempted pragmatism?

But if you are gonna put up a ten commandments monument no matter where it is, do not splotch a satanic symbol across them in the form of the all-seeing-eye of lucifer...that isn't a law thing...that is common sense.

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think our laws are somewhat based on the ten commandments and historically, cultures that get those type of rules shown to them revert from being savages to civilized. Other religions have some of the same rules as do atheists & agnostics with a moral compass (probably from living in a culture all their lives that uses the 10 commandments as a guide).

I partial theorize that any civil disobedience that law makers engage in over this ruling is a form of backlash to the non-religious community getting their way on things such as the blatantly illegal ruling on 0bamacare recently. It is a form of "If they can do it, then so can we..."

If the law says it clearly, then it is hard to argue another way...whether it is this issue or a recent SCOTUS ruling. As a Christian myself, living in a predominantly Christian state, I do not view this the same as going door to door and forcing people to convert by the sword. Some non-Christians will & have treated it as such...I think of Saudi Arabia and what it might be like if they tried to to that there? I realize this is not Saudi Arabia and we are not a monarchy or a theocracy (although 0bama is the closest thing to an Islamic Sultan we've seen in the USA), but the very country that gives this minority of people in Oklahoma that would not want the 10 commandments their freedom & prosperity and stability was and is maintained and given to them as a result of Western Christianity. It is almost like biting the hand that feeds them...Feining outrage as if they are being forced to convert when all they are is "offended" by something. Gay marriage is offensive too...this country is has become so politically correct and people all running around saying they are offended and not looking at the reality and instead living in a bubble.

You live in a Christian state and are ruled by Christian leaders...some of them are more militant than others...but you damn well know that you have it good here and none of these people are able to function as tyrannical theocrats..the Christians police each other and you are not in danger of something like we see in the Islamic world...so be a realist. It should be no surprise what Oklahoma law makers are gonna do on this issue; the law never seems to stop people from their own ideology..that includes 0bama, the SCOTUS, Fallin or others...it doesn't make it right but pick your battles I guess...you are correct that the law seems to say it should not be allowed...let the law makers and the court battle it out and continue to enjoy how good you have it here knowing that the ten commandments on the Capitol grounds only offends you and you don't have to go view them and they are not going to oppress you in any way other than offend LOL...I obviously have some conflict on this because I think the law is clear yet I do not like protecting people from being offended...what say you guys on this dose of attempted pragmatism?

Well, first, we don't live in a Christian nation in the sense of anything 'official'. Also, does oklahoma have an official state religion?

Second, you can be offended about the monument AND still be right about it being illegal and a violation of the law. Just because someone is or isn't offended doesn't change the fact that a monument to one religion has been placed on state property.

You can be against the ten commandments monument for other reasons than being offended by them as a Christian-specific symbol.

Also, the 'christians police each other' is a best a stretch, but would likely take another thread to flesh out and would likely result in feelings of persecution by some.

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, first, we don't live in a Christian nation in the sense of anything 'official'. Also, does oklahoma have an official state religion?

Second, you can be offended about the monument AND still be right about it being illegal and a violation of the law. Just because someone is or isn't offended doesn't change the fact that a monument to one religion has been placed on state property.

You can be against the ten commandments monument for other reasons than being offended by them as a Christian-specific symbol.

We live in a Christian nation like Turkey lives in an Islamic nation...to try to ignore that would again not be realistic. If the non-Christians do not like this then they should form an army and attempt to take over the nation...But I agree, it isn't "official"...not too many Christians I know of are calling for it to be official though? It is ironic though that Fallin can commit adultery with OHP troopers and then demand to keep the rules saying she shouldn't do that up on the Capitol grounds stamped with a satanic symbol...very weird

Aside from the all-seeing-eye, I'd be lying if I said I didn't mind them...I did not call for them to be there, I agree the law indicates they can't, but hopefully you can respect my honesty...just because I don't mind them, doesn't mean I would support official oppression if Fallin tried to send people to your door to force vaccinate you and convert you to her religion. Most Christians have pride in what their religion has built in this nation and this world but they believe in free-will and do not want a theocracy...you non-believers should be glad you have us instead of fundamentalist muslims...you'd have to pay a Sharia tax if you didn't convert...or worse.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ten commandments are Christian?? Didn't know Moses was a Christian. Learn something new everyday on here.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What I would like to know is how is government promoting religion by having a historic monument up? I haven't heard that the government is mandating obedience to it on anyone even though several of the commandents are actually codified into statutes. And nobody has a problem with those do they? Satanic monuments and all the others have no place in Oklahoma history so they got no standing to be there IMO. And isn't it ironic that the atheists are offended by something they do NOT believe in? Hmm.....

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Did she learn this behavior from the federal government? :anyone:

From all governments including liberals. She is keeping it in place until the issue is settled once and for all and that means the other branches of government get their say too. Now if the Supreme Court had ruled it had to be removed it would be another matter but just the state Supreme Court means little no matter how much the atheist get their panties in a wad.

Latest posts

Top Bottom