Famous, or infamous, things your parents said.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There were many, but a couple that reoccurred, Dad would tell us, Do something, even if its wrong. And, more than a mouthful, is wasted.

Mother had lots of sayings, too many cooks, we're cooking food, not your fingers. But her most infamous however; "wait til your Dad gets home". We knew what that meant, and it was no metaphor.

With regards to that in bold letters, my mother never uttered those words. She took care of the discipline herself, usually with a wire handled fly swatter.

As for sayings, one that still rings out true was, "If someone says the government ought to do something, grab your wallet, because you are fixing to pay for whatever."

Chief Sapulpa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Where they bust the sod in South Tulsa County.
...She took care of the discipline herself, usually with a wire handled fly swatter....
My mom did too with a steel Hecker's Flour pancake turner. It got where all she would have to do was rattle the kitchen drawer where she kept it and I'd behave or be gone. I still have that pancake turner.

Redmule454

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My dad when questioning why I did something.

Me: "I thought......"
Dad: "You thought, when you should have been thinking!"

Never made any sense to me.
He was a mean ba$tard.

Never gave advice but would always say:
"I could have told you that was a mistake!"

A lot of good it did me after the fact.

Latest posts

Top Bottom