Famous, or infamous, things your parents said.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frank Pope

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When someone asked my Dad, "Whatcha know?" Instead of the usual 'Nuthin. or Not much.' response everyone says, his reply was, "It takes a big dog to weigh a ton". I have since adopted this astutely innocuous statement. If someone replies to it, I would say, "And an even bigger dog to whip him."

What little pearls of wisdom do you remember?
When I left home, one of the rules my mother gave me was: "Never date a woman with more tattoos than you." Today, I would be screwed.

BillM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When someone asked my Dad, "Whatcha know?" Instead of the usual 'Nuthin. or Not much.' response everyone says, his reply was, "It takes a big dog to weigh a ton". I have since adopted this astutely innocuous statement. If someone replies to it, I would say, "And an even bigger dog to whip him."

What little pearls of wisdom do you remember?
Never let your alligator mouth overload your butterfly butt! From my dad.

If perchance you have to eat two live toads for breakfast, don't eat the small one first.
From a book I read some years ago.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Got mouthy with my dad a time or two as a teenager.... to paraphrase a scenario I'll never forget.

Me: being a smartass or probably disrespectful.....

Dad: "Tell you what, why don't you go outside and practice falling down....... I'll be out there in a minute."

He was a helluva lot shorter than me but he was mean...

Later in life, a friend of mine grew up with Goldberg. We were all at a party and one of the guys thought it was funny to keep poking the bear. Goldberg finally busted out the same line calm, as could be. Nobody took up him on it.

beardking

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When I left home, one of the rules my mother gave me was: "Never date a woman with more tattoos than you." Today, I would be screwed.
I never dated one, but I'm married to one. But that's just because every time I get a tattoo they get more expensive and she (mostly) keeps getting small ones. 😁

Latest posts

Top Bottom