Farmer tied up, beaten and robbed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Billybob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
[WEWOKA, Okla. — Lawmen in Seminole County are on the lookout for a group of men they say attacked and robbed a farmer.

Several agencies are involved including the Seminole County Sheriff’s Department, Department of Agriculture, OSBI and even the US Marshal Service, but so far the thieves are still on the loose.

Just east of Wewoka, you better know who you’re visiting when you step foot on some of the property out there or, like a sign on one rancher’s gate states, you could end up with a gun in your face.

Unfortunately that’s exactly what happened to a landowner just up the road when he walked into his barn to check on his cattle.

“Four subjects came up to him at gunpoint and took him hostage,”Mike Grimes said, with the Department of Agriculture.

Investigators said they tied the farmer’s hands and feet with zip ties and covered his eyes and mouth with tape.

“They were armed,” Grimes said. “They did hold him at gunpoint and they did, at certain points throughout the time that he was being held, punch him and kick him.”

Authorities said four men wearing masks went through the ranchers barn and home, stole three vehicles and a stock trailer full of cattle.

The farmer was eventually able to free himself, get on his tractor, drive to get help and call 911.

“Highway Patrol troopers responded and started immediately looking for the suspects,” Grimes said.

So far no one has been arrested in a crime lawmen said was planned from the beginning.

“They came there prepared. They knew what they were doing,” Grimes said. “This wasn’t a crime of opportunity. This is something they set out and prepared to do.”

Investigators said the farmer wasn’t seriously hurt and that two of the three vehicles have been found.

However, they’re still looking for a 2012 black one-ton Dodge truck and a stock trailer that, at one time, was full of cattle.]

http://kfor.com/2012/05/03/farmer-tied-up-beaten-and-robbed/

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I know it wouldn't have made a difference in this situation, but there is a M4 in the cab of my tractor at all times when in it. Mostly for coyotes.
Never without a sidearm.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
He's probably very fortunate to still be alive, hope they sack them up soon. I always carry, but I've honestly never thought about running into trouble while doing farm work. I did have a small car one time drive past my truck while I was on a tractor, back up and check my truck doors to see if there was easy entry I guess. I almost never lock my doors out there but did this time for some reason.

Latest posts

Top Bottom