Fast and Furious 7

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
(After not being able to get on Warrens site to order my tickets I finally got them by going thru their Facebook site. I could have gone to another theatre but I love the BA Warren. I like being able to have my seat reserved as I only live a few minutes away and can just leave the house at the last second, park, and walk right to my seat with my munchies).

I was sitting there before what may be the last movie in the series thinking of when I saw the very first one on the first showing of the first day it came out in downtown Modesto CA at my fave theatre. (That theatre is owned by George Lucas and its where he had been tweaking his 'THX' movie sound systems before it became the industry standard a few years later. Weirdly THX today is a key part of Warrens systems). A friend had called me and told me to go to my computer and check out the trailor for this new badass car movie coming out. Wasnt a secret to anyone who knew me that Ive been a car fanatic my whole life growing up around it in southern CA at my dads shops. Besides my 4x4s I had just gone from messing with American muscle cars to Japanese RWDs a few years earlier and at the time was driving the first turbo Supra of the 4 that Ive owned, it was a 94'. When I saw that there was finally a movie about the CA foreign car scene I got super excited. We used to go down to Orange county on Thursday nights to cruise around what I think was the only Sonic drivein in CA at the time. That first F&F movie was kind of cheesy in a way but it was about fast cars and hot girls so I loved it.

Fast 7 would be just another tired car action movie in a tired series with the usual crime element story tacked on with all the car action in it if Paul Walker was still alive, IMO. Him being gone and a major player in 5 of the other 6 movies made it seem kind of special. I tried to find where his brothers were edited in the scenes that he had left but it was hard to figure that out without someone pointing it out and I didnt have anyone to do that. I am a big Jason Statham fan so it was great to see him, I like him as a bad guy just as much as when he's the good guy. As usual the movie had car stunts too hard to believe being performed, hot girls, a great girl fight with a certain MMA star of the moment, lots of cars, lush scenery, etc. The best part for me though being a fan of not only the series but a major Paul Walker fan was the touching tribute to him, it was hard to watch without a slight tear. Good movie though as far as action and or car action movies go. Do I think it was the last F&F? Nope.

AdvantageR1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I watched it Fruday night at the Moore Warren. My family and I all really liked it.

The only real obvious scene that his brother played was on the beach at the end.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I thought the tribute was the best part. The movie was just too over the top for me. It made the others look real.

that's how I saw it. We went from street racing criminal trash with some good humor to professional super secret agents who can dual-wield tractor trailer wrenches they just happen to have in the trunk of a drag car...

I must have missed quite a storyline in Fast6

Latest posts

Top Bottom