Cavender Subaru Service Stinks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Firpo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Maybe I’m expecting too much so thought I’d run this past you guys. Yes I own a Subaru, my first and it satisfied a want since I was a young man watching Paul Hogan on their commercials. In any event. Been a great car until now, reason being something is draining the battery and I suspect it’s the control module for the rear lift gate. There’s even a TSB discussing the problem. Left a message with a service tech as I couldn’t get anyone to answer their phone at Cavender Subaru in Norman at 10:36am this past Tuesday. No call back so I called and got the same run around and left a second message with Cameron in their service department at 3:56 pm Tuesday afternoon. By 11:00 am Wednesday morning still no call back. BTW the receptionist said “I can never get them to answer their phones”. Figured this might me a systemic issue with the dealership as I got the same treatment a couple years back when there was a recall on the fuel pump. Never could get anyone to return my call and since the car wasn’t displaying any of the issues associated with the recall figured mine was one of the 95% NOT effected and I moved along. At this point I thought I’d reach out to their service manager and left a message yesterday morning for Marvin Johnson. Didn’t expect much as the man didn’t even record his own voicemail message and had I’m guessing his secretary do it for him. So! Surprise surprise no return call from Marvin either. It’s been 2 1/2 days, with three messages to three different people and still no phone call to schedule a time to have my car repaired. To me this is completely unprofessional and inexcusable behavior, certainly not the behavior of a company that wants my business. That said before I call Subaru Corporate to give them a heads up and ask for their advice on getting my car repaired thought I’d take a pause and see what ya’ll think. Am I expecting too much here or are these guys acting like the flakes I think are? Enquiring minds want to know. 😉

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Flakes. Imagine now having them actually work on your car. If there's an issue, how easy do you think it'll be for them to make it right? I'd try to find another service center at this point.

Customer service is dying. While disappointing, I understand getting poor customer service at a Burger King. I'm spending 8 bucks, so I don't really expect prompt attention if I need something. However, if I'm spending thousands upon thousands of dollars on something, like a Subaru, I'd expect good and prompt customer service. This is only the first step in your process of getting your car looked at. If just getting them on the phone is this difficult, I wouldn't have high hopes for anything that follows.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This sucks. I had great service when they were Hudiburg and located up on I-240. I bought a Crosstrek off of them and they did all the servicing on it before the ex got it in the divorce. Never an issue at all. I guess they've changed since moving. I was planning on buying another Subaru, but if the dealers can't be bothered with maintaining them I'll look elsewhere.

Yes, I loved that little Crosstrek. It got around better in the snowmageddon than my F150 4X4. Not joking either...

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I believe it! The best snow car I've ever had was a little 1981 VW Rabbit. I had it for a while when I lived in northern Colorado. That thing was fantastic in the snow.
Subaru has the AWD thing down to a science with the way they control and vary the front/back wheel power ratio. It's seriously effective, you have to really try to break the wheels loose in snow.

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Maybe I’m expecting too much so thought I’d run this past you guys. Yes I own a Subaru, my first and it satisfied a want since I was a young man watching Paul Hogan on their commercials. In any event. Been a great car until now, reason being something is draining the battery and I suspect it’s the control module for the rear lift gate. There’s even a TSB discussing the problem. Left a message with a service tech as I couldn’t get anyone to answer their phone at Cavender Subaru in Norman at 10:36am this past Tuesday. No call back so I called and got the same run around and left a second message with Cameron in their service department at 3:56 pm Tuesday afternoon. By 11:00 am Wednesday morning still no call back. BTW the receptionist said “I can never get them to answer their phones”. Figured this might me a systemic issue with the dealership as I got the same treatment a couple years back when there was a recall on the fuel pump. Never could get anyone to return my call and since the car wasn’t displaying any of the issues associated with the recall figured mine was one of the 95% NOT effected and I moved along. At this point I thought I’d reach out to their service manager and left a message yesterday morning for Marvin Johnson. Didn’t expect much as the man didn’t even record his own voicemail message and had I’m guessing his secretary do it for him. So! Surprise surprise no return call from Marvin either. It’s been 2 1/2 days, with three messages to three different people and still no phone call to schedule a time to have my car repaired. To me this is completely unprofessional and inexcusable behavior, certainly not the behavior of a company that wants my business. That said before I call Subaru Corporate to give them a heads up and ask for their advice on getting my car repaired thought I’d take a pause and see what ya’ll think. Am I expecting too much here or are these guys acting like the flakes I think are? Enquiring minds want to know. 😉
Do it immediately!! typical i don’t get paid enough to do my job correctly or to the best of my ability. Sad America we are facing!!!

Firpo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They are great cars but if I can’t get mine fixed??? Living an hour and twenty away from the nearest dealer it isn’t exactly convenient to just pop on by so I’d like to speak with someone and make an appointment. Tried taking it to a couple local shops in Lawton but that particular control module needs to be programmed and no one down here has the required equipment. I’d also guess they’ll have the car for a day or two because while it’s there might as well have the recall fuel pump thing replaced. That means I’ll be driving around 6 hours total just to get this fricken thing repaired. 🤬🤬🤬 Considered trading it in but the price of an equivalent car less the value of mine means I’d be shelling out $15-20K all because some jackass company won’t return my phone call. Tomorrow I’ll certainly be calling Subaru Corporate and not to let them have it so much as to get an honest opinion from them on what they suggest I do. Had to do the same thing with Lowe’s in Lawton. They were loading a big frickin’ Pit Boss into the back of my wife’s two week old new truck and dropped the thing putting two dents in the bed along with scratching the crap out of the tailgate. After several calls to them they “determined” they had done nothing wrong. Two months later and several “escalations” with corporate the new store manager finally called and gave me $1,800.00 for the repair. I hate having to go through all this crap just to make someone do the right thing. Companies these days simply don’t care nor understand sales. Saying this for no other reason than context. Right now wife and I spend around $6-$8K a year at home improvement stores and because Lowe’s decided it would be better to screw me over then correct their wrong they will never get anymore of that business. I’m also 55 years old and Lord willing will live another 30+ years. That’s roughly $180,000 in business they’ll never see. Morons!

Latest posts

Top Bottom