Cavender Subaru Service Stinks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gunbuffer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I can't agree with this. Had a warranty service for the exhaust. While they had it they discovered acseeping head gasket. Gave me a loaner and did the magic. Since they were going to pull the engine I asked about new spark plugs. They only charged for the new plugs. That was my outback. They did a warranty service on my wife's forester a couple months later. From these 2 events, when we're ready for new, we'll most likely buy from Bob Moore.
They were so nice to my exwife i was almost jealous

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was thinking of a Subaru Forrester but after the OP related his experience with Cavender. (wasn't that Cavender Oldsmobile years ago? I respectfully decline the purchase. I'll stick with the reliable Toyota brand. Call corporate yesterday! These people are ruining reputation of the Scubedoo. Cavender is a big name in San Antonio-maybe that's where I got Cavender Olds.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
All dealers try the "added services" game.
This is why I said "it sucked" in my earlier post.

When it was Hudiburg Subaru in OKC I called and talked to the service manager inquiring about having them do a drain and fill on the CVT in my Crosstrek with a little over 50k miles on it and supplying my own Amsoil synthetic CVT fluid. They balked and were pretty adamant about not even thinking about touching that until 100k miles or whatever the factory interval was (it was just over 100K IIRC, unless pulling a trailer). This was a $400 service and they did all they could without straight up refusing to do it. The backstory to that is, the factory was pressing their dealers to leave the CVT alone so they could analyze their failure modes and rates. They had already been doing this for years after having pretty serious issues after initially offering them and making design changes. They had already gotten the bugs worked out and they actually had the best CVT out there (probably still do) and that had been the case for awhile, but they they still didn't want their dealers doing anything other than a remove and replace when needed.

I rolled the dice and didn't do the CVT fluid. It hit 100k not long after my divorce and to my knowledge is still going. This instance and the fact that about the only "upsell service" they pushed were air filters and cabin filters. I even bought new tires there because they were priced right with Discount Tire and they didn't ruin the wheels with clamp on weights, they used stick on weights in the same areas as the factory and gave the same road hazard warranty, rotations etc. So I'm really disappointed to hear of the OP's travails!

YetiSam

spaghetti pistols
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
+1 for Bob Moore. I bought my Outback from them in 2020 and have been several times for maintenance stuff despite the drive. They were significantly cheaper than Ferguson and easier to work with on the color I wanted.

MR.T.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been having the same problem with an exterminator that I called cause I have noticed evidence of termite problems at my house. I called and they said they would call back to set up an appointment, a week later I called back and complained that nobody called me back. That was Monday and today is Friday and I still haven't heard from them.
I think if Parker pest Control had not sold out to Orkin, I would have heard back from them.

JokerofDeath

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have never done business with Cavender and probably because they’re new. Bob Moore’s service dept has been amazing, just recently we took my wife’s forester in because the a/c hasn’t been blowing cold and they were able to get Subaru to cover most of the cost of the parts and install. lol we only paid $100 which is way better than almost 2k….ice cold a/c now

Firpo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Only reason I called Cavender was because they’re closer (coming up from Lawton). BTW the service manager still hasn’t called back. Been working all day and haven’t had a chance to call Bob Moore but that’s absolutely my next move.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Only reason I called Cavender was because they’re closer (coming up from Lawton). BTW the service manager still hasn’t called back. Been working all day and haven’t had a chance to call Bob Moore but that’s absolutely my next move.
Please tell them they were referred to you by a very satisfied return customer so you are trusting them to treat you right.

Latest posts

Top Bottom