Favorite cordless tool

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wawazat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've been eyeing that die grinder. Does it eat up batteries as bad as everyone says it does?
It works great for quick cleanups like knocking rust off something or removing gasket residue. It can go through those little batteries fairly quickly if doing a heavy task. I have some of the larger batteries that are flat on the bottom and they buy some extra time.

I really love my Milwaukee weed trimmer. A single 8.0 battery will just almost run our entire yard, which is about 90min of fast paced trimming.

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well looks like the local farm store will have the Dewalt tool I was contemplating in their black Friday deal... if my math is right it will be right around $102 for the kit. Yeehaw.

Now I gotta beat the mad rush on Friday. Could be dozens of people there!!! Dang small town crowds.

View attachment 321915
Are the blades or attachments on those multi-tools standard or universal? IE can you buy Bosch or Ridgid blades or are they proprietary?

wawazat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Are the blades or attachments on those multi-tools standard or universal? IE can you buy Bosch or Ridgid blades or are they proprietary?
Theyre kind of like lawnmower blades. The hub dowel design and fastener diameter can vary from brand to brand but the vast majority of blades I have seen are Open-Lok universal across a huge range of brands.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've been eyeing that die grinder. Does it eat up batteries as bad as everyone says it does?
I have used it with flap disc and scotchbrite pads.

The scotchbrite pads seem to use the battery quicker than the flap disc. I think I use more pressure on the scotchbrite and that likely causes faster battery drain.

I used the flap disc for about 5 minutes yesterday and the battery showed I used one light worth out of five lights when I finished. I have the smaller 2.0 batteries. I’ve been watching for a different m12 tool deal to come across so I can get a bigger battery. But I have a few of the smaller batteries and i rarely use it enough at one time to need to change batteries.

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have used it with flap disc and scotchbrite pads.

The scotchbrite pads seem to use the battery quicker than the flap disc. I think I use more pressure on the scotchbrite and that likely causes faster battery drain.

I used the flap disc for about 5 minutes yesterday and the battery showed I used one light worth out of five lights when I finished. I have the smaller 2.0 batteries. I’ve been watching for a different m12 tool deal to come across so I can get a bigger battery. But I have a few of the smaller batteries and i rarely use it enough at one time to need to change batteries.
Die grinder, or angle grinder?

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Die grinder, or angle grinder?
It says angled die grinder on the tool.
98DFA864-A1F1-49CA-98C7-A09EC3493361.jpeg

Latest posts

Top Bottom