Favorite Dog Breed?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hipshot

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a pekinese that thinks he is a pit bull! He is my little buddy. I learned after I got him that they were bred for protection. I will never have another dog when he is gone, You just get too danged attached to them!!

Super Dave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We have big dogs. One is a Pit mix, and on a Rot mix. Both are in the 90lbs range, and although I love them both, Beagles are still my favorite.

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm a huge bird hunter and have a kennel of German shorthairs. Those have to be my favorite though I am very impressed with hunting labs as well and would love to have one someday. If you ever get a chance to watch a handler work a field trial caliber lab it really is something to see.
I grew up with Springers, and I agree about the field trial dogs--absolutely amazing to see how smart, athletic, and just plain natural they are at hunting. Sweet as can be, too--when my siblings were young (2 and 4, maybe), our Springer had a litter of puppies, and all of them got along famously, even when the kids were chewing on the dogs. The same dog, however, cornered a prowler in our yard against a tree maybe 4" in diameter, and he was scared to move.

ItsOnlyMoney

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is Karma. She is 12 yrs old now.
i197.photobucket.com_albums_aa264_JORDYSMOMSPHOTOS_SISSY.jpg

This is Jose. I lost him 2 yrs ago this month - he was 10yrs. old. They had the same father, but different mothers. Karma's mother was a border collie.
i197.photobucket.com_albums_aa264_JORDYSMOMSPHOTOS_bubbassmile.jpg

romeo212000

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I grew up with Springers, and I agree about the field trial dogs--absolutely amazing to see how smart, athletic, and just plain natural they are at hunting. Sweet as can be, too--when my siblings were young (2 and 4, maybe), our Springer had a litter of puppies, and all of them got along famously, even when the kids were chewing on the dogs. The same dog, however, cornered a prowler in our yard against a tree maybe 4" in diameter, and he was scared to move.

My Shorthairs are field trial dogs and hunting dogs, and pretty damn good at it. But a field trial caliber lab that knows it's 30 something commands and executes them correctly every time is just flat out impressive.

dieseltech09

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How did you break your APBT from dog aggression? Did it help to socialize it? .

I tired to socialize her but nothing I did helped. She was perfect around people and my step daughters loved her but when she saw another dog she became would become very aggressive towards it. It didn't matter what kind of dog or where she was. I'm pretty sure she had been abused or even used as a bait dog when she was younger. I ended up having to give her back to the rescue. I was working in the oil field at the time and was gone most of the week and could spend enough time with her.

Blackbirdpilot

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Giant Schnauzers are pretty good pals.

149106_1390932947344_1652730750_861847_5230344_n.jpg

69122_1364322042088_1652730750_817950_7644795_n.jpg

Though their big mop heads can be annoying after they just shoved them off in the water bowl and them come dripping thru the house wanting to put their head in your lap.

Latest posts

Top Bottom