Favorite Dog Breed?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dieseltech09

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Right now we have a miniature Australian Shepherd and a Pembroke Welsh Corgi. Dogs I have had, Red Heeler, Chocolate Lab, Golden Retriever, Red Bone Coon Hound, Walker Coon Hound, APBT, AM-Staff. My APBT was a rescue and turned out to be dog aggressive. My Am-Staff, also a rescue was shot my some douche. Came home and found her dead in the back yard. GSW to the head.

gillman7

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Right now we have a miniature Australian Shepherd and a Pembroke Welsh Corgi. Dogs I have had, Red Heeler, Chocolate Lab, Golden Retriever, Red Bone Coon Hound, Walker Coon Hound, APBT, AM-Staff. My APBT was a rescue and turned out to be dog aggressive. My Am-Staff, also a rescue was shot my some douche. Came home and found her dead in the back yard. GSW to the head.

How did you break your APBT from dog aggression? Did it help to socialize it? Mine has tendencies that way, but is definitely controllable. I am thinking I should socialize him more, problem is when he barks, people freak out. He is still young, just about 2 years old, weighs in around 110 lbs, and solid muscle. He minds well, just freaks out people, cause he smiles at them....

gaseous maximus

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Blue heelers, they are smart, loyal, and pretty much anything I could want in an animal, or friend, for that matter. One trait they have, which I have never heard or seen mentioned, is their lack of body odor. At least in the two we've had, which have both been females. The first one, we got at the okc pound. about a year old. She died tragically, at four, two years ago. Like losing a family member. Still hurts. This little thing over on the left, we got, I guess two weeks later, under such strange circumstances, we really feel it was the lords doing. A woman passing through from texas had left her at a vet's office in Yukon,with a bag of food and instructions to find her a home or take her to the pound. She was about 6 weeks old and we were told of her, the day before she was to go to the pound, Where she would surely have died, she was so sick. Our vet said she had the worst case of worms he had ever seen in a puppy. She also had chronic urinary tract infections, and still requires special food. She's cost us a lot of money, but she's been worth every dime.

Bhop

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
pitbull(4).jpg
American Pitbull Terrier

WTJ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Never been around a Ridgeback, but was curious about the breed. Do you have one now, or just in the past?

I had one until recently. Smart, loyal dogs. They need a even hand as they can be cowed easily, but a bit hard-headed. Not overly aggressive, but not bad watchdogs. Easy to take care of, but need some room to run. Oh yeah, expensive to buy.

Latest posts

Top Bottom