Favorite Dog Breed?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FullAuto

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Never been around a Ridgeback, but was curious about the breed. Do you have one now, or just in the past?
My parents have a Ridgeback. It's the dumbest breed dog anyone in my immediate family has owned. But I think most hound type dogs are dumber than average anyway. The only thing impressive is in it's younger days it could catch squirrels. It was neat to watch a 100lb dog chase squirrels in the backyard and cut fast enough to catch them.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My favorite breed is rescued.

Here's our man eater "pit bull" picking on our Great Pyrenees/St. Bernard mix.

i32.photobucket.com_albums_d8_JD8_053.jpg

jalapeno

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I pretty much love all dogs but the chocolate lab is the dog for me. especially when you get one that will sit for hours on the side of a lake on a cold day and repeatedly jump in the water to bring back the ducks that you shoot.

RWS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i like curs, hounds, and bully breeds, the Catahoula being my favorite. however i dont reccomend them as pets for most people. i like dogs that can do something. i dont like freeloaders, human or otherwise. our pets always have had jobs at one point in their lives. have a few dogs now, one of which is a pet. he proved himself early on, but has been retired to the yard for a few years now.

Zombie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How did you break your APBT from dog aggression? Did it help to socialize it? Mine has tendencies that way, but is definitely controllable. I am thinking I should socialize him more, problem is when he barks, people freak out. He is still young, just about 2 years old, weighs in around 110 lbs, and solid muscle. He minds well, just freaks out people, cause he smiles at them....

have them social, and work with them. Try to make sure more encounters are on neutral ground such as a park where they won't perceive the other dog as intruding. also make note if it is all dogs, other large dogs or male or female dogs.

Overall it is a behavior issue and even rewarding when they don't do it can help - it does counteract the nothing in life is free training style it does work.

n423

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have had numerous dogs and loved all of them. Bassett hounds,Chihuahua,Scottish Terrier,Schnauzer,etc.

My sons mixed black Lab/Retriever is one of the best loyal dogs I ever seen. She would follow ya anywhere, and minds better than any dog I have seen.

Latest posts

Top Bottom