Favorite Dog Breed?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dennis McClary

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Golden Retriever

I have owned three over the last twenty years. They are simply great dogs and are wonderful with children. They need to be trained and do best if they live in the house with family. My current Golden is asleep against my feet as I write this. Formally, he is "McClary's Luck of the Irish". However; he answers to "Lucky"! :-)

Dennis

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As a Freedom Loving, Small Government Supporting, Oklahoma Conservative, my favorite dog breed would have to be whichever one my government chooses to let me own. I'd trust no one else with the task of micro-managing the minutia of my daily life.

But for reals tho - I love most any dog except Rat Dogs. My next dog will likely be a Doberman. I've always wanted one.

zseese

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hound dogs, specifically 1 Basset Hounds (Have two, would upload pics, but damn firewall on this rig blocks photo bucket and the actual ones are too big) 2 Blood Hounds which will be my next pet, when I get a bigger yard/wallet for food...

gillman7

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Boxers hands down. My daugher could poke ours with a branding iron in the eyeball and he'd just wag his tail at her. There best friends.....I think this picture says it all:

i1195.photobucket.com_albums_aa394_kroberts2131_DSC_0385.jpg

Nah, he is just tasting her, LOL!! Cute kid!!

Ivan
i131.photobucket.com_albums_p284_windmill21_BILD0460.jpg

Draco
i131.photobucket.com_albums_p284_windmill21_BILD0463.jpg

i131.photobucket.com_albums_p284_windmill21_Dracopretty.jpg

Both are rescued dogs. The shepherd was abandoned in Tulsa, he had worms and was skinny as hell and the husky was kept in a tiny pen in someones backyard. :madbox:

They are a lot bigger than they look in the pics. Around 110lbs each.

Good for you, they are gorgeous!! Is their temperment like a GSD? Draco has a great chest!

peanut

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Bull Mastiff(had 3), Wirehaired Fox Terrier(have1), Italian Greyhound(have 1).
All these 3 breeds have been the sweetest natured dogs.

I should add that I had the Bull Mastiffs with 3 babies in the house. Not one bite. Can't say that for Dachshounds.
Also these 3 breeds are totally worthless watchdogs! Lol!

ripnbst

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've currently got a Coonhound, Chihuahua, and a Wiemaraner/WDauschund Mix and they are all good dogs. I've also had a Golden Retriever that I loved.

I also had an American Eskimo Spitz and that dog sucked, it was mean and didn't play with you. Good watchdog but worthless at everything else. Would chase kids riding their bikes and nip at their feet. Seriously, never get one.

Latest posts

Top Bottom