Favorite Gun Belts for Carrying a Pistol?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigfug

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
he is also my nephew and his dad is my brother, his dad and my other brother (also retired ocpd) have a podcast called EI Podcast: Eastridge Family Cop Tales & True Crime . give it a listen if you like homicide and other interesting case stories

Small world. I have been listening to the new podcast LOL, and all his previous ones as well, like Lawdog Shooting Sports, and I think there was one before that? Bryan is a hell of a guy, knowledgeable about a lot of things, and has pretty good (expensive) taste. I took one of his classes at Tin Star a couple of years ago. I definitely respect his opinion on things. I know another one of our officers just retired and went to work at Eastridge Investigations as well.

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Small world. I have been listening to the new podcast LOL, and all his previous ones as well, like Lawdog Shooting Sports, and I think there was one before that? Bryan is a hell of a guy, knowledgeable about a lot of things, and has pretty good (expensive) taste. I took one of his classes at Tin Star a couple of years ago. I definitely respect his opinion on things. I know another one of our officers just retired and went to work at Eastridge Investigations as well.
EI is one of if not the most successful private investigation firms in the state, he has a hell of team. Kyles wife is also retired OCPD

Letfreedomring

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, it’s the nylon ones, the belts are great. Mine is scuffed a bit but the tip keeper is some kind of elastic craptastic.

I ordered four if them earlier this year, maybe 3 or 4 months ago and I’ve already had two that unraveled like crazy. I’ve only used this one since the 3rd week of September.

View attachment 425841
I sent Kore an email today about this problem and they told me they recently changed the material for the keepers. I ordered a couple just to see.
Just realized ya'll were talking about the tip keeper and not 'just the tip'.😏 My current amazon special the belt end is the one that gets frayed and is pia to get thru buckle... Hopefully santa is good to me this year if we make it to Christmas before we see the midnight sun.

RockHopper

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've had my kore belt for about 2 years now. Its the first belt I've ever had that doesn't sag. The only downside I've found is that the stiffness wears out belt loops faster than normal. Especially the last loop after the buckle. I have to put the end through the loop every time before tightening the buckle. Thankfully, that isn't really difficult to do....but it does tend to stretch that loop out or tear stitching quicker than normal.

bigred1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't do tactical anymore. I do prefer strong, durable leather belts. I've been using Looper for about 10 years now. I first bought from them when they had their own storefront. H&H has an exclusive with them now. They make beautiful 1.5" and 1.75" dress belts both with and without kydex linings. The kydex lined ones are stiff but relax with wear.
I don't guess I know what you mean by exclusive....I get my Looper belts at Locked and Loaded in Choctaw.

Latest posts

Top Bottom