federal ammo, primers falling out

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1911user

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
finally got to talk to somebody today and he said that he's never heard of anything like that ever happening before so I have to send the remaining ammo and spent cases to them in Minesota so they can do measurments and testing blah blah blah. I just hope they'll send me some more ammo no matter what they find out about it.

they will replace the ammo. Stuff like that is a big deal to their quality people; it might result in a lot# recall.

Ignored Member

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
i'm a dummy... i forgot to ask if they're going to send me a ups label and pay for the shipping. guess i'll have to wait till monday and call back. at least i got the guys phone extension #

RedTape

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Can you describe what type of federal ammo you got? The only stuff I've seen locally is in blue or red boxes of 50. I haven't tried it yet, but was planning on it since I can't find Blazer any more.

I've had really good luck with Federal blue-box rifle ammo.

Ignored Member

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Can you describe what type of federal ammo you got? The only stuff I've seen locally is in blue or red boxes of 50. I haven't tried it yet, but was planning on it since I can't find Blazer any more.

I've had really good luck with Federal blue-box rifle ammo.

it was in a cardboard box of 250 rounds. It's American Eagle but it's made by Federal

Ignored Member

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
well according to UPS they got my ammo on jan 14th... and the email I got from them said that "as soon as we get the faulty ammunition, we will be sending out a box of replacement ammunition" well as of today, I still don't have any replacement ammo and I can't get an answer on the phone or e-mail. any thoughts?

257wby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
well according to UPS they got my ammo on jan 14th... and the email I got from them said that "as soon as we get the faulty ammunition, we will be sending out a box of replacement ammunition" well as of today, I still don't have any replacement ammo and I can't get an answer on the phone or e-mail. any thoughts?

Remember the squeaky wheel gets the grease

Ignored Member

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I got a letter in the mail today from Federal saying that they didn't find a single problem with the ammo I sent them even after trying it in several different .45 caliber guns.

They said that it's probably my gun that's making the primers fall out. I've shot other bullets such as winchester, blazer, remington, and even random reloads without a single problem. So basically, I don't know what the problem was with the ammo.

They are going to send me 3 boxes of ammo as soon as it's available. I'm guessing 3 boxes of 50 rounds, they didn't specify on round count per box.

Cheepshooter

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
That sounds a little suspect . . . . I hope they're on the level with you, though.

When you get the new ammo, please post the results. If it's really the gun, then it should do the same with the new boxes.

Jpt

Latest posts

Top Bottom