Felon in the house

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

easy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OK, not my house.

Mother is a felon. Son wants firearm to protect the rest of the family, having problems with jerks across the street. Can son have gun IF mom has NO access to said firearm?

Refs or statutes appreciated.

Zaphod Beeblebrox

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Short answer: No.

[Broken External Image]Oklahoma Statutes Citationized
[Broken External Image]Title 21. Crimes and Punishments
[Broken External Image]Chapter 53 - Manufacture, Sale, and Wearing of Weapons
[Broken External Image]Section 1283 - Convicted Felons and Delinquents

Cite as: O.S. §, __ __

A. Except as provided in subsection B of this section, it shall be unlawful for any person convicted of any felony in any court of this state or of another state or of the United States to have in his or her possession or under his or her immediate control, or in any vehicle which the person is operating, or in which the person is riding as a passenger, or at the residence where the convicted person resides, any pistol, imitation or homemade pistol, altered air or toy pistol, machine gun, sawed-off shotgun or rifle, or any other dangerous or deadly firearm.

Emphasis added by me.

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Depending on how long ago the felony conviction was and what it was for, she could apply for a governor's pardon to restore her gun ownership rights, at least in the state of OK. Other state laws might vary. I remember reading on this when some story aired about how felons can legally apply for their right to firearm ownership to be restored.

C_Hallbert

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What are Oklahoma’s Laws regarding a Law Enforcement Officer’s possession of firearms if there is a convicted felon living in his or her home?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
or in any vehicle which the person is operating, or in which the person is riding as a passenger, or at the residence where the convicted person resides, any pistol, imitation or homemade pistol, altered air or toy pistol, machine gun, sawed-off shotgun or rifle, or any other dangerous or deadly firearm.
So... felons can't ride in boats, ships, small planes, or any other conveyance that carries a signal-flare gun? :confused:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom