Felons and Handguns?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Captain Mike

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You will like many of the other sets of rules as well i.e. forfeiting your fifth amendment rights in many cases, having to provide the serial numbers to all your personally owned firearms, etc.

Good luck with your application!

Michael Brown

Don't forget having to deal with folks who only see one side of an issue. Thei:comfort:r side.

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
so in other words I was right,there are 2 different sets of rules and I can become a cop and take advantage of those.Thanks for ansering my question.:)

actually if the firearm is a "tool of the trade" then different rules may apply... for instance if you work on a big ranch and are on horseback a lot, you can probably get permission to run around with a 30-30 during work hours.

all of this is up to the courts, of course.
which would make it an alienable right i guess...

tran

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I’m confused... You can be convicted of a Felony and not go to jail. This means you’re a felon. Correct? Does this also apply to them also?

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’m confused... You can be convicted of a Felony and not go to jail. This means you’re a felon. Correct? Does this also apply to them also?

Yep. Felons don't always have to do time.

When you point out that a prominent local is also a convicted felon, many people write it off as false simply because they weren't jailed or imprisoned.

That's why I say people who claim that they "never do business with felons" are a little delusional.

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I figure anyone that is allowed to walk the streets freely should be allowed to own a gun. If they are too dangerous to have a firearm then they need to be in a cage or preferably dead. "...Shall not be infringed" is pretty clear on this issue.

Latest posts

Top Bottom