ffl dealer rant

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ByrdC130

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I was friends with a gunsmith who started out in California but relocated to Oklahoma when his wife took a job here. He commented on more than one occasion that generally people in Oklahoma were some of the biggest cheap @$$es that he'd dealt with.

Cheap @$$es or frugal? I was raised by folk that went thru the Depression and that it was wise to try to keep some of your money in your pocket not someone else's. Were they wrong?

Honeybee

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I price all my guns at or just above book, that way I don't feel bad about having to give one up.
The guns are just for show so I can have a gun store and my wife will have something to do.

jfssms

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I price all my guns at or just above book, that way I don't feel bad about having to give one up.
The guns are just for show so I can have a gun store and my wife will have something to do.

I hear you, when you find a anib smith and wesson model 27-2 or 29-2 at or about book, please pm me!

Honeybee

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have both a 27-2 and 27-3 in unbelievable condition
Just look at the pics on my web site under "guns we have now"
Shame you live in OKC because we are going on vacation Saturday.

nemesis

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I was friends with a gunsmith who started out in California but relocated to Oklahoma when his wife took a job here. He commented on more than one occasion that generally people in Oklahoma were some of the biggest cheap @$$es that he'd dealt with.

I moved here from kalifornia and neither you nor your friend know what you're talking about.

But to your friend, is he sure he wants to start comparing kalifornia with any free state? About anything?

SPDguns

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am an ffl dealer, I sell Glock 17,19,26,22,23,and 27s in gen-3
for $490.00 plus tax (if I can get them) right now it is hard sometimes. I price them a little cheaper than most because I get free shipping from my wholesaler for most orders. I have other new guns I price differently due to shipping cost and C.O.D. fees or credit card fees on top of the cost of the product. I have used guns that I have priced due to what I paid for them also. I do have a store front and that costs money along with utlities, insurance etc... We have to make some money to make it worthwhile and I have sold about 80 guns in the 5 months that I have been in business. Even at that unusually slow RK show here in Tulsa this past weekend I sold 5 guns! Super Dave is right, don't grip just don't buy if you don't want to! Dealers with high prices make me look good!

Where is your store?????

Latest posts

Top Bottom